CS Technology Business Systems AnalystAustin, Texas
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0029531
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2017, eBay enabled $88 billion of gross merchandise volume.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a member of eBay’s CSTech (Customer Service Technology) team, the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will help define the strategy, priorities and roadmap of support systems functionality for Global Customer Services to support Payments Servicing Technology Solutions. The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with Global Customer Experience (GCX) partners, Site product teams, CSTech teams (e.g., Product Development, Product Management, Quality Engineering, Knowledge Management, and Release Management), Training, and consultants throughout the lifecycle of projects and large scale systems implementations.
Potential areas of focus are:
- Act as a liaison to the CS Operations, product development, QA, & Readiness organizations, aligning requirements with the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Influence and educate business constituents regarding tools best practices and key capabilities.
- Facilitate requirement elicitation and solution design meetings to understand and collect product, business and technical needs.
- Resolve ambiguities and conflicting business and technical requirements.
- Proactively identify issues concerning technical limitations and key product requirements.
- Maintain and manage relationships with outside vendors and consultants.
- Identify and design new processes that may be required in support of the project, using and adapting existing processes where possible.
- Ensure new processes are transitioned to appropriate owners for ongoing support.
- Ensure alignment of projects and requirements to strategic objectives.
The BSA candidate should have demonstrated experiences related to the following skills:
- Ability to summarize and present complex issues to a variety of audiences: technical, non-technical and executive personnel.
- Flexibility and adaptability to fit the needs of the project, making progress despite ambiguity.
- Ability to work within existing processes, but able to understand and define where new, different or abridged processes should be used.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as events warrant.
- Ability to work across group boundaries and forge cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to work with large vendors to represent product needs and roadmaps on behalf of eBay.
Strong background in business systems analysis and product management throughout the product development life cycle:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
- Ability to understand and challenge technical proposals.
- Ability to document use cases.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, proficient in PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel.
- Strong project management background with a focus on the product development lifecycle.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Payments Service Solutions, Account Management, Business Development, Work Force Management, Customer Service, Contact management (cases, routing, workflow).
Preferred experience with:
- Custom Desktop Application solutions.
- Experience with Call center implementations across multiple geographies.
- Experience with Fraud/Risk Mitigation.
- Experience with Payments Intermediation.
- Functional requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Product Design Documentation.
- Cost/Benefit analysis.
- Critical Thinking and Customer and Agent-Focused Driven solutions.
- Vendor package software, configuration, scope management.
- Custom-designed software solutions.
- Complex system interfaces.
- Engineering and Technology development life cycle principles.
Bachelors Degree required
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: