eBay Senior Customer Experience AdvocateAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0017142
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
As a Senior Customer Advocate, you will provide white glove service to eBay’s high value customers. You will be dedicated to retaining our top customers and growing their business. You will answer questions, provide support and make decisions on a variety of buying and selling topics. To be successful in this role you will need a strong sense of ownership of the customer experience and a passion for doing what is right.
What you need
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience.
- Prefer previous experience in Account Management or working with High Value Customers.
- Problem Solving: Identify root cause through effective questions and active listening. Drive for quick customer resolution.
- Business Acumen: Experience/understanding of ecommerce business operations.
- Multi-Channel Environment: Ability to multitask in Omni-channel, structures, and environments during customer interactions. There will be a need to be able to work several different channels at any given time.
- Negotiation and Influence: Advocate on behalf of eBay and/or the customer.
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to balance competing priorities in a variety of situations.
- Professional Communication: Professional verbal and written communications.
A day in the life
- Operate in a fast-paced multi-channel environment including inbound and outbound phone calls, email and chat.
- Engage in positive customer interactions creating experiences that drive loyalty and engagement, reducing customer effort. Examples include demonstrating empowerment to resolve customer issues, showing genuine interest in customers, and when appropriate de-escalate negative, highly emotional interactions.
- Evaluate a member’s account and situation to provide accurate information to their specific problem or concern. Establish a trusting relationship between eBay and the customer while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy. Be empathetic to customer concerns and display a sincere desire to serve with ownership through to resolution.
- Research and deliver consultation discussions to diagnose business health and customer pain points to deliver timely and operative solutions for reducing customer pain and preventing business deterioration on our site.
- Demonstrate effective business strategy and development analytics to provide proactive solutions aimed at growth on eBay. Business development analytics may include sales, marketing, pricing, supply chain, shipping, risk and credit strategies.
- Transaction specific responsibilities include, but not limited to appeals concerning suspensions, account level restrictions and/or limitations, unpaid items, seller performance, identity verification, feedback, business development and general customer service questions.
- Have a working knowledge of the site, and be an active user as a buyer/seller, or both preferred.
- Starting Pay is $16.50 - $17.33
- Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Continued Career Development and Opportunities for Growth
- Health, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Yearly Performance Raises
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250
- 16+ Days of Paid Time Off
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Adoption and Infertility Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Match $ for $ up to 4% on 401k)
- eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years, receive 4 weeks 100% pay to refresh and recharge.
- Gym and Wellness Programs
- Unlimited Free Coke and Pepsi Products
- Onsite Café
- Flex Spending
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility infoR0017142
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.