SOX Senior AssociateAustin, Texas
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0038288
SOX PMO Overview: The SOX PMO is tasked with the Company's global compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX"), and ultimately, supporting management’s certification that our internal control environment is operating effectively. The team works closely with key stakeholders across eBay and corporate functions globally, including our technology organizations. In addition to oversight of the global SOX program, the team also supports the business by driving and/or advising in key operational excellence initiatives and drives enhancing of internal controls. The SOX program is part of the company’s Internal Audit department.
Job Description: The SOX Senior Associate will assist with managing and driving the SOX requirements for assigned activities, which includes understanding the overall financial control environment, coordinating documentation, scoping and testing, identifying and evaluating deficiencies, as well as providing controls guidance for process and system changes. The SOX Senior Associate will work closely with SOX managers, and process and control owners to ensure the global SOX program is compliant.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual or a self-starter with a strong work ethic, and should take ownership of projects and tasks. He or she should have strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and be able to see the big picture as well as dig deep into details as necessary. Additional key qualities include financial process understanding, process-oriented thinking, ability to work with others, and ability to lead and effect process change and improvements. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning across all levels of management. Lastly, candidates must thrive in a demanding, fast-paced work environment that is energetic, driven, and team-oriented. Responsibilities include:
- Assistance with annual planning of the Company's SOX compliance efforts (e.g., risk assessment, materiality calculation, significant accounts disclosures, establish due dates, etc.);
- Assistance with coordination with process and control owners for the regular update of process documentation, as well as external auditors, for process walk-through and documentation;
- Coordination with testers, process and control owners, and external auditors for the audit of the Company's internal controls;
- Assistance with testing of key reports, spreadsheets and SOX business and or IT controls;
- Assistance with the review of audit reports (SSAE18 and Internal Audit issued reports);
- Collaboration with process and control owners for impact assessment of identified deficiencies, as well as remediation of identified deficiencies, advising them on internal control enhancements or process changes, as appropriate;
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes that result from our growth in transaction volumes, international expansion, automation of processes, software application changes, accounting integration in connection with acquisitions and other areas of change that have a direct impact the Company's financial statements and related disclosures;
- Assist with preparing reports to SOX management and stakeholders on the status of the program;
- Assist in leveraging controls to optimize operational benefits throughout the organization through the streamlining and automating control activities within financial and IT processes;
- Assistance with determining SOX impact based on new Finance or IT best practices, new accounting standards and technical guidance (AS5, ACS606, ASC842, FAS123 etc.) to ensure enhancement/re-engineering of SOX controls in current accounting processes; attestations and audit reports (SSAE18 and Internal Audit issued reports).
- 3-4 years of public accounting experience
- Good understanding of SOX manual, IT automated and general computer controls
- Strong financial process acumen
- Emerging project management and influence skills and a desire to drive sustainable change
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, initiative and integrity
- High energy with a superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment
- Big 4 preferred
- CPA or CISA preferred
- Accounting technical skills a plus
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: