Sr. Analyst, ControllershipAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0041151 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
The Controller organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of business systems, project management, and data analysis skills to assume a role within the Controller/Accounting Systems team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization acting as a subject matter authority on systems and data for eBay Marketplaces. Ideal candidates will demonstrate their extensive systems, project management and process knowledge to be able to analyze, communicate and consolidate financial data analyses from multiple systems to supply substantial to a winning organization. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team collaboration environment. This position reports to the Director, Accounting Systems or Senior Manager, Accounting Systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be a trusted and relevant Controlling partner across cross functional groups such as Finance, Accounting Policy, Tax, Legal, Shared Services, Systems and local Accounting and Business teams.
- Support the Payments build through identification of global and local accounting requirements and ensure implementation of relevant financial controls, processes and automated solutions. This includes concept development, requirements identification, user testing and production implementation.
- Build and continually refine Payments journaling, money movement and reconciliation requirements to ensure global consistency while adhering to local requirements.
- Drive the month-end close for the Payments business by validating system entries, preparing key reserve analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, performing key metrics evaluation and reporting to Senior Management for the local region.
- Determine SOX implications, modify/implement controls as appropriate, and conduct accounting process reviews with internal and external auditors and local regulators.
- Drive local accounting and regulatory requirements, filings and related audits through timely submission of required schedules and reporting packages and pro-active partnership with internal and external compliance and audit teams.
- Conduct and support on-going reviews of accounting processes within areas the Controlling team supports, internal controls, and overall effectiveness to drive process improvements through automation, streamlining and best practices towards vision of World Class Controlling and collaboration across the CAO organization.
- The success of this role will largely be dependent on the ability to manage and collaborate with various partners and ensure month-end processes and accounting systems are crafted and implemented in accordance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the Controllership team.
- The model candidate will demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical thinking, an ability to break down and improve accounting processes and systems, and a vision for future needs.
- Candidates must be self-starters with a solid work ethic and also possess the following:
- 3-5 years’ experience in public accounting, preferably Big Four. Experience at a large growth company and a CPA is a plus.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, SOX, and standard accounting processes and controls.
- Effective interpersonal skills – including capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written form.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Customer focus and the ability to effectively collaborate and influence in a cross-functional and/or matrix environment; including working with all levels and in multiple locations.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; proven ability to identify, develop and implement process/systems improvements.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong background in accounting or finance, business processes and internal control evaluation. Ability to craft and implement processes in support of new business or governance initiatives and experience leading operational and process change with a drive towards world class controlling processes and controls.
- Solid experience with ERP systems
- Focus on eBay’s cultural values
- Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: