SRE Operations EngineerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0022953 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Join an eye-opening, experience-enriching team with the direct technical responsibility for the operational health of ebay.com site. Be at the forefront of operating one of the largest web presence in the world.
- Excel in technical incident management and site reliability functions.
- Lead investigations and resolutions of ebay.com site issues, often in a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional fashion.
- Multi-tasks on a regular basis in a highly visible role in a dauntless professional manner.
- Drive proactive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring.
- Independently build Operations SRE tools and validate major SRE tools and capabilities, as well as collaborate with other teams on continuously improving such capabilities and rigor.
- Provide technical leadership and do hands-on scripting, tooling, automation.
- Work with Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain high availability, scalability, and reliability.
- Apply technical and domain expertise to solving day to day ebay.com challenges.
- More than five years of relevant experience as a site reliability engineer SRE, DevOps engineer, technical incident manager, site operations engineer, or systems administration engineer.
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge in at least two of the following areas: Unix/Linux system administration, infrastructure engineering, Networking, DevOps engineering, or SRE tools engineering.
- Excellent analysis, design, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Proven results-oriented engineer in a high-velocity and dynamic environment is a must.
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python or Go,.
- Knowledge of Networking, Unix/Linux, Load balancers are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of technologies that are core to large and distributed systems like cloud computing, web services, multi-tier compute architectures is a plus.
- Experience in building highly-automated infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with containers, cloud orchestration, open source infrastructure software is a plus.
- Experience with Kibana, Elastic Search, Prometheus or equivalent is a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: