Director EU Trust (f/m/d)Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0031200 Subsidiary eBay
The Global Trust Team builds confidence for buyers and sellers through every interaction with eBay. The Director EU Trust will be a key member of the EU Leadership team partnering with a cross functional team to develop and champion our Trust strategy as well as drive high priority Regional initiatives. Working with teams across the company and around the globe, this role will provide hands-on leadership to design, prioritize, and implement strategy to improve customer outcomes and build greater confidence in eBay.
Located in eBay’s Berlin office, this leader will be focused on delivering results across 3 key accountabilities:
- Business Partnership: Synthesizing the needs of each Region ensuring that European leadership team aligns with performance plans and progress and that regional execution teams are able to successfully deliver required changes
- Operational Leadership: Prioritizing support for key global and regional efforts
- Strategic Influence: Contributes to development and enhancement of our Returns, defect reduction and off eBay strategies
The Director EU Trust will report to the VP of Trust, will lead the DE/EEC Trust team and efforts. The Head of UK Trust will report into the Director of EU Trust.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for customers both external and internal and can build strong relationships within the region and with the Global team based in San Jose, CA. The candidate will have well developed collaboration skills and a strong ability to communicate at all levels. Successful candidates should be quick learners, executors, relationship builders, and team leaders. This role is heavily cross-functional and ideal for candidates who enjoy influencing others to deliver towards a common goal.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the European Leadership team, through combination of structured and informal communication and engagement
- Establish both the framework and process to ensure that key regional needs are understood, captured and shared with global team and product partners
- Be the advocate for Global Trust within the European business units, providing regular and clear information on results, decisions, and progress
- Partner with regional teams, including: communications, PR, seller teams, finance and operations to ensure the smooth delivery of trust launches and changes within the region
- Represent eBay Trust at seller and other external events in the region
- Lead and develop a team of 3 trust leads to achieve the same in the individual European businesses
- Demonstration of building and maintaining excellent senior level relationships in a matrix or client based environments.
- Experience in driving customer experience change in online or retail businesses.
- People leadership skills, with a track record of accomplishment of enabling people to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Skills and Behaviors:
- A relationship builder – able to utilize both structured and informal channels to develop deep and trusting relationships.
- An influencer - who can execute through others. We need to execute across multiple teams and countries, ensuring that they are aligned behind a common goal and have the information they need to be deliver successfully.
- Setting a high bar – from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the projects you work on.
- Drive for results – biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- A passion for eBay: our buyers, our sellers, and our business success
- 8+ years of experience in people management, preferably experienced in e-commerce.
- Bachelors’ degree
- Experience working with multiple teams across different functions and/or geographies.
- Ability to influence cross-organizationally.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: