Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d)Berlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0027878 Subsidiary mobile.de
mobile.de, part of the eBay Inc family of companies, is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany.
Our office campus is co-located with the eBay Marketplace and ebay Kleinanzeigen offices in Dreilinden, just outside Berlin and also in Berlin-Friedrichshain.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d).
The Motors Vertical SRE team is currently looking for a colleague with background in Site Reliability Engineering or related fields like Site Operations or Software QA to join in our Friedrichshain office near the Boxhagener Platz.
As a team we are building up from scratch a new classifieds platform for the global market in our dual region OpenStack Cloud (and partially in GCP).
We are mostly using Saltstack/Ansible, Docker, Marathon/Mesos, Nomad and Kafka to solve upcoming tasks from the development side.
Our team is embedded in a wider Ops organization consists of over a hundred fulltime employees running classifieds websites from offices all over the world, so that every day offers many possibilities to engage and collaborate with eBay itself. We believe in empowering people and leave technical decisions and solutions to our engineers.
You will be responsible for a variety of operations related tasks like provisioning and config management with TF/Salt as well as finding stable solutions for new products together with the MoVE development teams
or developing further our own stack of applications (e.g. Deployment, Snapshotting, etc.).
Thinking out of the box to improve and shape the platforms is highly appreciated. We are continuously striving for better solutions to reduce our day-to-day workload (automation) and keep oncall activities as minimal as possible.
Our self-written platform as a service infrastructure already enables developers to bring their applications live to site in an unattended way using continuous deployment technologies like jenkins, docker and marathon/mesos.
What we expect:
- B.Sc. in computer science or related fields
- Experience in programming languages like Java or Go, mastery of one language is a big plus
- Feeling comfortable in Linux environments
- Experience in one scripting language, preferably Ruby or Python
- Experience in one configuration management tool like Saltstack, Ansible or puppet
- Experience in one VCS, preferably git, github knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to take paid oncall shifts after onboarding timeframe
- Experience with Netscaler, Cisco network devices, software-based load balancers is a plus
- Experience with Platform-as-a-Service (consul, marathon/mesos, nomad) is a big plus
What we offer
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled, humorous and innovative Ops and PD teams
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Ability to work self-organized and self-responsible
- Regular tech talks and tech hacks all over the world
- Possibilities to shine in a worldwide operating company
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself