StubHub International, ControllerBilbao, Madrid Requisition Number R0017444 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
StubHub International is a dynamic and rapidly growing business unit. With a presence in over 40 markets and with a significant integration underway, we are looking for an experienced Controller to build out finance controls and processes. The candidate will report into the StubHub International CFO and will work closely together with the other Controllership and Finance organizations across the company. The international accounting teams in Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific will report into the International Controller. This role offers the candidate a unique opportunity to learn more about ticketing while operating in a high growth and complex business.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for all Accounting & Compliance related matters for StubHub International (40+ markets)
- Managing the Accounting team, working with shared services resources & finance systems team
- Responsible for month end as well as annual closing activities
- Management & statutory reporting, local & US GAAP
- Overseeing audit activities
- Ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines and SOX regulations
- Overseeing compliance and accuracy of our backend systems
- Continuously improving processes and controls
- Overseeing and supporting or managing relevant business projects
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant relevant experience in Accounting / Auditing / Consulting
- Bachelor’s degree or similar, Master’s degree/CPA a plus
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, with the ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity in a very dynamic environment
- High learning agility, interpersonal skills, excellent logical and conceptual skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to manage a team across various geographies
- Strong communication & leadership skills, ability to motivate and create a great working atmosphere
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment
- English and Spanish language skills
- Experience with SAP and advanced Excel skills
View our accessibility infoR0017444
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.