Head of Business (Operations)Brussels, Belgium Requisition Number R0035983 Subsidiary 2dehands.be
Head of Business (Operations)
2dehands.be – 2ememain.be are part of eBay and the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG). It combines the energy of a start-up with the resources of one of the leading technology companies in the world. We offer the top 500 advertisers relevant ways to connect and communicate with our 3.2 million monthly unique users, customized integrations and partnerships. In today’s world, building relationships with customers is exceptionally valuable to the success and growth of our business.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
One key success factor in 2dehands journey has been a very lean, driven and highly engaged team that has taken full ownership and accountability for the business and culture. You will be an excellent leader focused on further building and developing a great team and its engaged culture.
We are seeking a leader who is passionate and determined. You have a mix of corporate and entrepreneurial experience, love to experiment, consistently overcome constraints, and easily rally support for your ideas. People see you as a forward-thinking and as a leader. They enjoy working with you and for you; they would do it over and over again. Ultimately, you are driven by making a difference in business performance, your customers’ lives, and your teams’ careers. A critical part of your remit will be successfully maintaining the standalone and entrepreneurial atmosphere, whilst more actively encouraging closer collaboration within BNL and central vertical specialists. Demonstrating the power of the group to deliver against BE continued growth strategy is essential. This particularly applies to areas like Advertising, Automotive and Marketing where a key lever to achieving scale lies in using BNL knowledge and Centers of Excellence.
The opportunity – continue the success/growth of the customer base, revenue, and team
- Customer Base – continue to grow penetration by improving the customer experience and fighting off new entrants (Facebook marketplace)
- Revenue – continue a path of growing horizontal business while going deeper on verticals (especially motors and real estate) and improving advertising yields
- Team – scale and develop the team and culture
- Lead Belgian marketing team
- Lead and inspire team in Brussels office
- Contribute to delivery on financial and customer commitments, by continuously sharing local customers insights, market situation in terms of opportunities and/or competitive challenges
- Drive a winning customer experience, deepening relationships with customers, and defending market share against growing vertical and horizontal marketplace challengers
- Oversee all aspects of ongoing operations, while tackling unforeseen challenges as they arise
- Partner with and influence cross-functional stakeholders across eCG
- Craft operational plans, including financial budgets, marketing plans, and sales strategies
- Represent 2dehands with key customers, at trade events, and with the media
- Understanding of internet and competitive landscape in Belgium
- People management experience as country manager, or similar business leader
- Functional expertise in marketing
- Ability to attract talent in Belgium, and organize them into a high-performing team
- Experience handling complex programs and working within matrix organizations
- Clear communication skills in French, Dutch and English
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel 2dehands.be & 2ememain.be is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: