Account Management 3Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0029411 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits and a great working environment.
We are looking for an experienced and professional Account Manager that is able to build meaningful connections and relationships, establish long-lasting partnerships with our sellers, and engage in consultative sales conversations. As an Account Manger in the US Vehicles department of eBay, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with talented individuals, led by an international leadership team. in your day-to-day activities, you will work with individuals ranging from C-level executives within some of the largest automotive firms in the country to owners of smaller used car dealerships. The Account Manager focuses on coaching, servicing, and growing automotive dealerships who market their listings on eBay Motors with the primary goal to retain dealerships revenue on the site. Account Managers will monitor activities of the dealerships, while completing assigned tasks based on best practices established by the team in order to maintain and grow revenue.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop account plans to generate improved ROI from with our sellers to increase revenue for eBay and minimize churn risks.
- Primary goal of team is to retain the existing subscription revenue of the assigned accounts
- Proactive, outbound training of top spending accounts on the eBay Vehicles category
- Outbound outreach to sellers who are under performing
- Reactive support of additional sellers when needed
- Most work is completed via phone, but also includes significant correspondence by email
- Periodic overnight travel for dealer visits
- Account Managers are expected to complete the tasks and activities that offer the greatest benefit to the accounts. It is expected that AM’s can properly identify and prioritize the most important tasks and work independently to complete them.
- Account Managers should be able to create engaging conversations with the dealerships in order to obtain the buy-in from the dealerships of the recommendations made.
- Tasks, activities, and assignments done by the team are a mix of items generated by the Account Manager themselves, from management, and in-bound reactive requests. Account Managers should possess strong relationship management and sales skills to straddle the line between gaining the trust of the account, while acting as an eBay advocate and doing what is best for our firm. The ability to strike this balance is crucial to successful performance in this position.
- Account Managers are expected to operate as eBay Motors marketplace experts aware of major trends and initiatives within the automotive industry
- They must be capable of identifying industry and eBay trends, and translate that into recommendations for the eBay Motors marketplace and their assigned accounts
Job Requirements: (Knowledge, skills, abilities, experience required to perform job)
- Experience in B2B relationship management preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication (verbal/phone and written)
- Must be a detail oriented, self-driven and prone to follow through
- Structured approach to day to day activities
- Flexible, results-oriented team player
- Enthusiastic and energetic, proactive
- Must have professional judgment sufficient to operate independently when required, with minimal supervision
- Work history must demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to work with upper levels of management of client accounts
- Excellent working knowledge of the eBay site and auction dynamics - experience buying or selling in online auctions are highly desirable
- High level of comfort with web-based technology
- Working knowledge of eBay’s administrative tools a plus
- Consistent track record and experience with C-level professionals
- Experience in entrepreneurial activities a plus
- 4 years Account Management experience or Sales experience required
- Ability to act on Bachelor/Master level
- Automobile industry experience is highly desirable
- Clear understanding of all eBay site
- Literate in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Process Management
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Motivating Others
- Problem Solving
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: