Instructional DesignerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0029915 Subsidiary StubHub
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The instructional designer is responsible for curriculum and educational materials for internal agents and staff with an emphasis on creating virtual, computer based training (CBT) for remote learners, both new and existing. Outputs may also include elearnings, huddle content, ILTs, and so forth. The successful candidate will also be tasked with supporting other members of the training organization as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analysis—Conduct needs analysis to determine and recommend trainings in partnership with other organizations.
- Networking—Partner with stakeholders across the business to provide learning support. Be a professional partner when working with internal customers to solve business problems.
- Development—As an independent contributor, develop full learning modules from beginning to end (elearning, huddle content, ILTs, assessments, and so forth). Assist in the management of the LMS (Bridge) and develop weekly microlearning opportunities.
- Project Management—Manage and self-direct your own production in coordination with training leadership. Work collaboratively with training leadership to finalize key decisions.
- Growth and Development—Support the growth and development of other members of the team by providing peer-mentoring as appropriate and supporting internal personal development. Anticipate and implement feedback and provide feedback as needed.
- Expertise—Develop your own knowledge of processes and procedures so that you become a recognized source of information internally. This position requires up to 1 hour of customer-facing phone work per week to maintain expertise.
- Other—Own and complete other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong written and oral command of the English language; Editing and Chicago experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience in training development/instructional design; Masters degree in a related field is a plus
- Experience converting ILTs to CBTs (virtual) with an emphasis on remote learners
- 3+ years of experience with Instructional Design with 1+ years of experience with multimedia design and development; Training experience is a plus
- 1+ years of experience working in multi-language environments with a preference to dealing with Spanish audiences; Spanish speaker is a plus
- Ability to develop quickly and adhere to tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theories, particularly as it relates to CBT-based learning
- Ability to read and interpret technical and other complex tools and documents into material people will understand
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal or external clients
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote); SharePoint is a plus
- Advanced knowledge and experience with common software tools used in instructional design (e.g., Adobe Suite, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, etc.)
- Ability to learn on the fly to understand the StubHub business and performance objectives
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself