Lead eLearning Instructional DesignerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0029915 Subsidiary StubHub
Lead eLearning Instructional Designer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Lead eLearning Instructional Designer will translate high-level content into intuitive, engaging learning resources that foster amazing user-friendly experiences for our employees and outsource partners. This person will partner closely with organizations across the company for task analysis and project scoping. This person is expected to regularly research and incorporate current industry trends, proven instructional strategies, and quality measures. They are responsible for the success of a number of projects simultaneously and will be an innovative thinker willing to deliver creative solutions with a high sense of urgency. This is an in-office position in Draper, UT.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analysis—Conduct needs analysis to determine and recommend trainings in partnership with other organizations. Possesses superior questioning skills.
- Networking—Develop and maintain a collaborative partnership with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts involved in program design and development. Exemplifies a professional partnership when working with internal customers to solve business problems. Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Development—Conceptualize creative ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex concepts. Build high-quality, engaging learning activities and compelling course content that improves retention and skill transfer within a quick turnaround time (elearnings, huddle content, instructor lead training, assessments, and so forth). Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods to communicate interaction and design ideas. Assist in the management of the LMS (Bridge) and develop weekly micro-learnings.
- Measurement & Evaluation: Decide on the criteria used to judge learners’ performance and develop reliable assessment instruments.
- Project Management—Manage and self-direct your own production in coordination with training leadership. Ensure deliverables are completed on time and within budget, while meeting standards of quality. Work collaboratively with training leadership to finalize key decisions. Execute all design stages from conception to final hand-off.
- Growth and Development—Support the growth and development of other members of the team by providing peer-mentoring, as appropriate, and supporting internal personal development. Anticipate and implement feedback and provide feedback as needed. Model leadership and professionalism in a collaborative development and design process. Engage in self-development and share your experiences with the team.
- Expertise—Develop your own knowledge of processes and procedures so that you become a recognized source of information internally. This position requires up to 1 hour of customer-facing phone work per week to maintain expertise. Research, evaluate, and implement current trends in instructional design.
- Mission & Vision—Demonstrate an eagerness to go above and beyond what is asked (Plus 2 mentality). Provide your best work, while meeting deadlines. Positively foster a Fan-first culture of delight.
- Action-Oriented—Results-driven, provides high-quality and creative work, while meeting or exceeding deadlines. Deals well with ambiguity and can decide and act without having the total picture. Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Other—Own and complete other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Work collaboratively and/or independently to develop high-quality work in a deadline-driven environment
- Manage multiple projects at different stages, while meeting deadlines and quality standards
- Read and interpret technical and other complex tools and documents into engaging material people will easily understand
- Learn quickly and on the fly to understand StubHub’s dynamic business and performance objectives
- Superior critical thinking, problem-solving, and research skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills, strong written command of the English language
- Clearly present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal or external partners
- Skilled at needs analysis, probing questions, and risk management
- Precise, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Excellent visual design skills
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theories, particularly as it relates to computer base training
- Proficient with Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote); SharePoint is a plus
- Advanced knowledge and experience with common instructional design tools (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Bridge LMS, etc.)
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools
- Proficient in video & audio production tools (i.e., Camtasia, Final Cut Pro, Vyond, etc.)
- Up-to-date with the latest Web 2.0 trends, techniques, and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience in training development, curriculum or instructional design, eLearning development, education technology, or similar (Master's degree in related field preferred)
- Experience converting instructor lead training to computer based training with an emphasis on remote learners
- 3+ years of experience with Instructional Design with 1+ years of experience with multimedia design and development; Training experience is a plus
- 1+ years of experience working in multi-language environments is a plus
- Extensive experience with video, graphic design, interactive online instruction, and instructor-led training (i.e., Adobe Suite, Articulate Storyline, Web 2.0, LMS, etc.)
- Deep understanding of learning theories and instructional design models
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself