Learning Management System AdministratorDraper, Utah
Austin, Texas Requisition Number R0038905 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Learning Management Systems Administrator
The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator will support eBay’s drive for excellence by helping employees gain the skills they need for high performance, meet long-term career development goals, and ensure that eBay meets training-related regulatory and compliance requirements. As a member of the Learning & Performance Support organization, the LMS Administrator will function as the primary point of contact for the Global Customer Experience (GCX) learning community globally. This person will create, manage, deliver and report on learning/training requirements!
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Learning Management System (LMS) including the definition and application of company policies and best practices, training LMS users according to their specific access levels, creating and publishing learning content as assigned, contributing to ongoing system improvements, coordinating resolution of system issues, generating reports, and assisting learners with troubleshooting issues in accessing learning resources. They oversee the installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS!
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures to be used by all resources including onsite, virtual work from home and outsource partner employees using the LMS to meet company priorities
- Ensure compliance with LMS and training course standards and policies
- Maintain content within the LMS by creating and uploading modules and courses, granting access and role-based user permissions, updating course content, and running reports
- Provide appropriate LMS training for the organization based on role and system access
- Lead change management and communication regarding LMS changes/updates
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with our internal partners across the business
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems.
- Maintain procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Write and maintain technical procedures and guidelines.
- Act as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives.
- Create and update resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
User Management Responsibilities:
- Create user logins as needed and assigns user permissions.
- Create and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manage course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Publish and archive online or blended learning solutions, assigns training curricula, and adds and deletes resources.
- Work with the Instructional Design team to manage the course asset library.
- Populate course information and assigns learners.
- Develop and update standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and custom reports.
- Analyze reporting data and recommends strategic direction to leadership and others LPS, as appropriate.
- Create and manage the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the instructional designer.
- Manage tracking of course revisions and history.
- Build online assessments and evaluations in LMS for courses.
- May manage relationship with third party vendors.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Solve and resolve issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
- Serve as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Review and monitor system performance.
- Works with the instructional designers to fix and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or in similar position
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization as well as vendors
- Personal motivation to enable eBay’s success through our focus on employee development
- Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration preferred
- Social media or knowledge management experience
- Familiarity with course design and development
- Working knowledge of multiple web design technologies, such as HTML
- Experience with technical writing and/or document control tools and methods preferred
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: