Manager CS Tech Ops Command CenterDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0036260
Global Customer Experience Tech Command Center manager is responsible to manage, and direct all aspects of the detection, mitigation, reporting and repair of any event that could significantly impede Global Customer Experience Services worldwide availability. This role leads the following functions:
- Author policies and procedures to optimize restoration activities in order to reduce time to detect (TTD) and time to repair (TTR).
- Provide thorough post-mortem analysis to all levels of management.
- Provide technical mentorship to system engineering and crisis management staffs.
- Responsible to coordinate scheduling 24x7 staff.
- Provide technical review of on-boarding technology and partners.
- Proactively finds potential major issues and takes initiative to address them in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for providing concise communications of events, both verbally and written.
- Responsible for incident documentation for executive briefings & for problem management process.
- Coordinate the activities of and provides leadership to others, particularly Command Center staff, Support teams, and Release Management as well as cross functional teams.
- Provide daily operational oversight to the maintenance and support.
- Direct failure analysis and test scenarios for business continuity plans as well as disaster recovery.
- Drive & document understanding the impact various systems have on the business.
- Coordinate and manage communication bridges and execute escalation procedures with intelligence and authority. Maintains bridge commander presence throughout the event.
- Monitor the performance of incident management processes and seek to continuously improve the process.
- Provide timely, concise and clear written and verbal communication to all stakeholders during internal crisis events
- Help drive standard processes, training, and responsiveness for internal crisis events.
- Identifying incidents which need special attention or escalation
- Ensure resolution of incidents of medium and high complexity in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, configuration guidelines, and service level agreements for applications.
- Interfaces with Business Units, Service Desk, IT Infrastructure personnel, Operational Analyst, and Business Analyst, to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Updating repeat procedures to be automated through the IAM tool.
- Managing a team of technicians, monitoring performance and continual improvements.
- Leading Incident management, by collaborating with other units in the organization, determining business impact, assessing risk and driving of incidents towards resolution.
- Leading problem management by collecting root cause / causal factor data; drafting post mortems and driving broader operational risk analysis based on repeating incidents; running regular incident reviews to ensure all functions within Technology understand the incidents, postmortem and risk factors for each incident.
- Built and maintain stakeholder engagement to help drive remediation efforts to address issues/problems/risks identified.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology, Customer Service Technology experience preferred
- Skilled in building and training teams. (Helpdesk, Major Incident, Problem, Knowledge, and Event Management.)
- Managing major incidents across organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical thinking
- An ability to act quickly, pragmatically and assertively under pressure to prioritize and resolve technical issues
- Strong knowledge of multi-platform (Windows and Unix) server operating systems and environments, both as on-premises data center infrastructure and in cloud service instances
- Familiarity and empathy with the needs of support teams including an awareness of pressures and deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of personal computers, servers, IT systems and networks in corporate enterprise infrastructure.
- ITIL certified preferred
- Experience leading incident & problem management in a large & complex technology environment
- Working with stakeholders of all functions within Technology to ensure the necessary risk management standards are defined and implemented.
- (KPIs) Deep knowledge of Incident Management industry standards and practices ITIL V.3 foundations.
- Shift-left approach to allow service owners to focus on infrastructure and help drive automation procedures for repeatable tasks.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: