PolicyMgr Counterfeit Strategy& AnalysisDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0041467 Subsidiary eBay
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Buyer and seller trust in the eBay marketplace and full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations is top priority for eBay. If a counterfeit item is listed, this undermines trust with our buyers, eBay is exposed to risk, and the seller who listed the item exposes themselves to risks and financial loss.
eBay has introduced new technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence, and uses this technology to enforce policies to stop counterfeit items. The focus of this role will be to develop analytical and real-world insights that support this work, but this role will not directly develop products or technology. The objective is to identify suspected counterfeit items, and then to inform a human or machine decision whether to remove the suspected counterfeit item.
The Policy Manager will partner closely with the Legal and Compliance teams and with business contacts in each geography to drive positive impact to business metrics.
The Policy Manager will work with product management and policy operations to implement new solutions, and to optimize existing solutions. They will evaluate in-house and third-party solutions, including the development and interpretation of control plans.
The policy manager will interact with eBay buyers and sellers via research initiatives and one-on-one interactions.
The role reports into the Sr. Manager, Items & Listings Policy. The position will be based in our Salt Lake City, Utah location. Regular domestic and occasional international business travel is required.
- Develop analytical and real-world insights aimed at finding suspected counterfeit items and deciding whether it is a counterfeit
- Deliver results against business metrics that measure policy effectiveness and efficiency
- Handle complexity from the long tail of items available for sale, how this changes when new products are released, how this varies in the many geographies eBay operates, how it is affected by the complex and changing regulatory landscape and how to keep pace with evolving technology
- Understand customer needs, motivations and wants to make business decisions that consider the overall end to end customer experience and sellers’ business models
- Evaluate and make tradeoffs to balance progress towards business goals with program costs such as customer support staffing, product resources and financial budgets
- Solve for customer focus and simplicity
- Five or more years of experience, preferably in ecommerce, in the areas of policy, program management and/or strategy development
- Analytic and strategy development skills including expert Excel (pivot tables, advance functions, statistics), Access and PowerPoint skills; Superior skills in SQL coding and database query (e.g., SQL) and understanding of data warehouse architecture are required
- Understanding of the ecommerce landscape and functional understanding of the eBay marketplace
- A willingness to challenge existing approaches and ability to drive positive culture changes
- Practiced at solutions design with an ability to think holistically about the impact that any changes will have on both eBay’s buyers and sellers
- An affinity for and ability to connect with eBay sellers and buyers, and an appreciation for how programs may need to be tailored for them
- Ability to evangelize ideas, influence key partners and collaboration effectively, with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Exceptional communication skills – oral and written, including ability to deliver compelling presentations to internal and external groups
- Ability to build credibility with partners
- Outstanding personal initiative, a “can-do” attitude
- Highest degree of personal integrity
- BS/BA degree in related field required; Masters or MBA degree preferred
- Degrees in business or analytics preferred
- Work experience in consulting, strategy development, or analytics preferred
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.