Product Strategy ManagerDraper, Utah
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0037922 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? You’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
The Global Customer Trust team manages a range of programs aimed at ensuring that the millions of buyers and sellers engage and transact on eBay with confidence. eBay expects that sellers and buyers both deliver and receive customer experiences that meet or exceed retail standards. This includes setting the strategy, plans, and guidelines to develop best-in-class post-transaction experiences for our customers worldwide.
We are looking for a skilled business manager who will define the strategy for delivering an intermediated Buyer Protection program focused on delivering Trust and driving conversion.
This is a hands-on position where you will be involved in business analysis, policy and customer experience discussions and work closely with cross-functional partners to develop the best overall customer experience.
Responsibilities include collaborating with regions and product teams to define business requirements, deep-diving with analytics to measure business impact and finding opportunity gaps which need to be addressed and operationalizing with customer service and policy teams.
- Develop an end-to-end roadmap to deliver an intermediated Buyer Protection experience for our customers
- Define, improve and execute on the customer experience for the eBay Money Back Guarantee Program based on ML models etc.
- Provide hands-on leadership to design, prioritize, and implement plans to improve customer outcomes and drive business performance.
- Collaborate with product, customer service, marketing, legal, and analytics teams to form a plan to ramp these experiences while delivering on metrics
- Collaborate with Risk, compliance, and finance to ensure appropriate controls are in place for regional losses and budgets
- Present program outcomes and opportunities for senior leadership.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstration of shaping strategy and alignment across matrixed organizations
- Experience in driving customer experience change in online or retail businesses
- Strong background in analytics with demonstrable experience in ability to utilize research to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple partners and drive business decisions
- Commit to results: biased toward action, a great collaborator and master simplifier. Constantly pushing toward transparency and delivery.
- Proven influencing skills, with a track record of enabling people to achieve more than they thought possible
- Be a strategic executor: able to understand what needs to be done, build alignment cross-functionally to make it the reality
- Able to balance attention to detail with swift execution: we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred) from a major educational institution is required.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: