Seller Acquisition Account ExecutiveDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0034115 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Be part of the sales team at eBay whose purpose is to engage new business and implement several new strategies to generate more growth with new products and tools available to ensure success. Our world-class sales organization at eBay thrives on customer satisfaction and driving gross value with proactive management and identifying improvement opportunities for our customers. We strive for continuous innovation and the ability to partner with our accounts to deliver fresh solutions!
In this role, you are directly responsible for the engagement and acquisition of identified priority businesses, both small and medium-sized businesses, onto the eBay platform. Contacts and Sales results executed primarily via a telesales approach.
- Deliver a consistent pipeline of priority targets; either developing relationships from target list and/or identifying new prospects
- Ensure leads are robustly qualified to provide accurate forecast of future scale and opportunity. Gain client commitment to deliver competitive selection, pricing and product selection on eBay platform
- Build relationships via telephone interactions
- Maintain a deep understanding of the eBay Value proposition relevant to the SMB segment
- Set appropriate expectations around account support, onboarding solution, timing and cost of sale
- Effectively cross sell and up sell full eBay Inc. value proposition to secure leads for growth
- Document all communication with merchants in an accurate and timely manner in established CRM systems whilst ensuring key highlights are communicated and clearly understood by key internal stakeholders
- Ensure smooth transition and onboarding of acquired clients; including post-sale training and support.
Knowledge & Experience
- BS/BA degree in related field required or equivalent professional work related experience
- 3+ years experience in Account Management, Sales, or Business Consulting role with strong performance track record
- Specialized industry domain experience in ecommerce ; Expertise in IT Technical and eCommerce industry and channels, , understanding of PayPal and/or Payments industry strongly preferred.
- Strong commercial understanding of the economics of retail & consumer goods
- Rigorous management and use of customer contact data to manage pipeline; existing book of established contacts and relationships a strong plus
- Solution selling skills with a consultative style
- Track record of converting leads to closed opportunities
- Outstanding contract negotiation skills to build long term customer engagements and profit; Strong skill and experience in leveraging influence and negotiation capabilities to enhance strategic relationships
- Outstanding presentation skills; Strong communication at all levels; both verbal and written
- Comprehensive and detailed expertise in eBay site, policies, product, tools and 3rd party tools a plus
- Strong relationships with internal partners, and demonstrated ability to build productive partnerships with individuals at all levels within the organization (from senior executives to entry-level employees)
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix environment; Ability to work independently whilst ensuring strong communication with team and stakeholders
- Positive attitude, ability to work well with others, and to meet and overcome challenges
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; proficient with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Successful passing of background check including criminal and credit history review (internal and external candidates)
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: