Junior Systems Engineer (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0029901 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe.
Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
eBay Classifieds Group is expanding the infrastructure team responsible for building and managing a large multi-region private cloud.
We are looking for you as a (Junior) Systems Engineer (f/m/d) who is passionate about cloud computing and making a difference
Your Tasks & Responsibilities:
- You will be a key player in various cloud projects and initiatives to enable us to grow and maintain our infrastructure.
- You will partner with our colleagues and vendors.
- You will spend time with our customers, to ensure that we maintain our high level service to them.
- You will help set up our new Kubernetes cluster that we are currently building.
- You will work on our Google Cloud integration.
Your skill profile:
- Bachelor degree or relevant work experience
- Experience with Cloud computing (private or public)
- Feeling comfortable in Linux environments
- Experience in Python, GO or similar scripting language
- Desirable skills (you should ideally have experience with one or more of the following): OpenStack, Kubernetes, Software Defined Networking, Software Defined Storage, Docker containers, Prometheus, MYSQL
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Willingness to provide on-call as part of a paid rotation (approx. one every 2 months)
- Occasional travel within Europe (approx. once quarter for 2-3 days)
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What do we offer?
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams in eBay across Europe, North American and APAC.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- A secure place for professional and personal growth.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work 1day from home and/or in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects)
- Family friendly company.
- A great campus with fitness center (Yoga, Pilates, Cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, free fruits & vegetables, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself