Data Engineer, Analytics SolutionsDreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0030988
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
With 1.4 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most challenging product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to build the best of class experience in the vehicle market.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer (m/f/d) for our Analytics Solutions department. If you are an experienced data integration engineer excited to work in a team on projects shared across the globe and a have keen eye for maintainable and testable code then you'll love working with us.
** the contract is limited to 18 month **
- Derive data integration requirements from product and feature development
- Maintain and improve existing integration tasks
- Collaborate with your colleagues in Berlin, Amsterdam and Shanghai
- Write high quality, clean and maintainable code
- Be an active part in the team to share experience and discuss way forward
- Innovate technology and development process with the team
- Collaborate with data engineers and analysts from Berlin, Amsterdam and Shanghai to leverage eCG’s data opportunities
- 2-3 years of relevant and solid experience as a Data Engineer
- Very good understanding of moving large data sets in different systems like Hadoop, Exasol
- Previous experience:
- with data integration tools like Talend Data Integration
- in creating data models with a SQL based database
- integration of noSQL sources
- SQL, Hive, Sparc, Java, Linux shell scripting, SVN, GIT
- English / German language skills
- You believe in team work, especially in cross-functional teams and in KISS principle
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- You understand that quality is not assured solely by the QA engineer, but by the team
- You’re convinced that responsibility does not end with deployment
- Experience with Data Vault modelling will be considered as a plus.
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- High team autonomy and agile environment (Kanban / Scrum)
- Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA
- International career opportunities throughout eBay globally
- Home office possibilities, competitive salary and a lot of additional benefits (e.g. sabbatical, company pension plan)
- A great campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, in, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: