DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0030232 Subsidiary mobile.de
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce?
Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world?
If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Engineering Support Team is looking for a DevOps Engineer (f/m/d) with strong technical knowledge and love for new challenges. In return, we will empower you to make technical decisions
and research innovative solutions to help shape the future architecture of our CI setup and Infrastructure.
The team manages horizontal, scalable CI/CD solutions and services on top of an OpenStack cloud infrastructure. Our solutions and services are used by various entities of the eBay Classifieds Group around the globe.
The position also involves researching how to support developers to release faster. Scripting, documentation, process definition and automation are primary tasks, along with cooperation with the Site Reliability team and other technology teams.
All of this set in a friendly and open environment to keep you motivated.
We believe in continuous improvement, automation, and creating opportunities through innovation. We are eager to try out new technologies and we enable our teams to explore them through slack time, hackathons and innovation initiatives.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operation and maintenance of our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery solutions in an OpenStack cloud environment.
- Understand delivery processes, and determine ways to optimize and improve CI and CD solutions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the products and services of the Engineering Support team
Your Skill Profile:
- Experience working with cloud technologies, scaling, load balancing, high availability, reliability of services
- Hands-on experience with Unix operating systems
- Experience in running containerized applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in scripting with bash, or languages such as Groovy, Python, and Go
- Hands-on experience with Configuration Management and Orchestration solutions (Ansible in particular).
- Hands-on experience with source control and coding collaboration systems (Git and GitHub in particular)
- Good understanding of CI/CD systems (Jenkins pipelines)
- Experience in monitoring solutions and log centralization (Prometheus and Elastic stack)
- Experience in providing a robust setup & management of automated test environments; scaled for usage by multiple development teams
- Enthusiastic and creative when facing technical challenges
- Willingness to take paid on-call shifts after onboarding period
- Effective spoken and written English skills
- Good communication skills
- Agile/lean mindset
Nice to Have:
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with Hashicorp stack (Consul/Consul template)
- Familiar with Atlassian tools
- Software development experience
What we offer:
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- A secure place for professional and personal growth.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Ability to work self-organized and self-responsible
- Regular tech talks and tech hacks all over the world
- Family friendly company. Homeoffice possibilities.
- A great campus with fitness center (Yoga, Pilates, Cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, free fruits & vegetables, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself