Go-to-Market Intern (m/f/d)Dreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0030228
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has 170 million active buyers globally and more than 1 billion live individual and merchant listings at any given time, the majority of which is new and fixed-price merchandise. With mobile apps available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world. Tailored shopping experiences, including eBay Fashion and eBay Motors, customize buying and selling; and eBay provides variety and choice for sellers by enabling them to offer goods through online, mobile and local channels to consumers around the world.
For the support of our teams in Mitte and Dreilinden in Berlin we are looking for:
Go-to-Market Intern, Catch - Inventory Merchandising or Analytics (m/w/d)
- from now on, for 6 months -
You will be part of the eBay team working on scaling eBay’s latest innovation – a new ecommerce destination, Catch. We work quickly and entrepreneurially to develop the new site, and execute strategically to test, learn, and iterate. This opportunity to work for a startup organisation, nestled within one of the greatest ecommerce companies in the world is truly one-of-a-kind. In your role, depending on your chosen focus area, you will be expected to support and own a variety of projects either spanning inventory planning and merchandising or across analytics and insights. You will be mentored by senior managers within eBay to guide your professional and skillset development.
We are looking for an intern who is motivated, analytical, organized, gets stuff done and not afraid to work hard to achieve something great. This person needs a focus on the customer needs, communicate clearly and have a structured approach to problems and projects.
- Understands customer needs, expectations, and journeys/experiences and be able to communicate these to others
- Potential to guide and drive operational work. Good process management necessary
- Manage multiple tasks through appropriate prioritization
- Potential for owning and driving a project; specific projects will be determined together
Inventory Merchandising & Planning specific tasks
- Provide the analysis and insights to deliver market leading inventory selection in line with core customer needs
- Source the latest trends for a variety of categories, including fashion, technology, home, lifestyle, etc.
- Support business initiatives by assessing the opportunity, tracking and optimizing the performance
- Contribute to the building and improving of business processes across the team to facilitate efficiencies
Analytics & Insights specific tasks
- Create and run queries independently
- Create insights and actions from you analyses and visualize them
- Translate raw data into actions and advice
- Support the team with identifying and running qualitative and quantitative analyses (e.g. how is the inventory performing, how are users responding, etc.)
- Get stuff done, entrepreneurial attitude
- Quick learner, able to pick up new information swiftly
- Hard worker who shares in our vision
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to drive a project and stakeholder management
- E-commerce savvy
- Analytics skills such as SQL, R, Excel and ability to communicate analytics is a plus
- Able to actively document activities and results
- Powerpoint / presentation skills
- Fluency in both German and English a plus
What we offer:
- A versatile job in a dynamic and rapidly growing company, anchored in the global eBay organization.
- An international environment with options for professional and skillset development
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, beach volleyball, basketball, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
- Dynamic team, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- Attractive remuneration
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: