(Senior) Middleware Engineer (d/f/m)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0035778
mobile.de the most visited vehicle market for the purchase and sale of vehicles in Germany. Users have more than 1.5 million vehicles to choose from - including 154,000 new cars. mobile.de offers the largest car, commercial vehicle and motorcycle range in Germany. Additional services such as tips and tips around buying a car, arranging financing or insurance and online advertising complete the offer of mobile.de.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate about local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
- Analyze, develop and implement middleware solutions to meet business demands
- Collaborate with Developers and Architects regarding middleware configurations based on requirements
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing middleware solution
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes and upgrades of middleware components
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades
- Fix and resolve technical problems in a timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of middleware components and processes
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required
- You have at least 3 years of practical experience in ETL and Middleware Platform (e.g. Talend, Informatica, Pentaho)
- You gained several years of experience as a Java 7+ developer in interdisciplinary agile teams
- You have excellent knowledge of working with APIs, data exchange and various data formats
- You have a good understanding of basic middleware infrastructure (e.g. Linux, databases, networks)
- You are hardworking and like to deep dive into needed analysis to find out the root cause of an issue
- You work independently and adopt new systems and concepts quickly
- You are familiar with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence), Github and Jenkins
- You have basic knowledge of CRM, ERP and billing solutions (e.g. Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- You are proficient in English – German language skills are a plus
What do we offer?
- Family-friendly environment, flexible working hours and working part-time possible
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly-skilled, fun and friendly team
- High team autonomy and agile environment (Kanban / Scrum)
- International career opportunities throughout eBay
- Competitive salary, home office possibilities and outstanding benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, the latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
- Annual budget for training and attending international conferences
- Home office and working in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain are possible
- An excellent campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel mobile.de is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: