CS Technology Relationship LeadDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0031065 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for a seasoned leader to join our Customer Service Technology team who will partner with our International Assisted Service Leadership team to drive success through technology initiatives.
This position will work with the leadership team responsible for customer facing assisted servive operations to ensure that the technology they need is available and delivering results. They will focus on coordination and relationship building and be the bridge between Assisted Service and CS Tech teams.
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in both a Product and Program role where they have experience defining solutions that drive innovation, while establishing operational frameworks and processes that will scale. A focus on operational efficiency is critical to success.
Equally important is proven general management skills and the ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels. This person will be responsible for developing the right communications, processes and partnerships to achieve operational and organizational objectives.
The Customer Service Technology Team is responsible for Product Management, Engineeringand Technology Operations that empowers our Customer Service experience. From the site helpand contact functionality to the tools our agents use for supporting our customers to the phone onthe desk, we work to ensure that eBay’s service technology is leading the industry.
We are not your 'traditional' IT team that focuses on simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are on a transformation journey to evolve into a true customer focused engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged and loved platforms with an emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are scalable, rigorous and reliable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI, scale or feature limitations.
We truly believe that great design and efficient processes have the ability to engage and inspire customers and end users. We strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our products, tools and experiences. We value precision coupled with a “get things done” mindset, and look for proven skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the customer experience, attacking complex processes, and defining amazing customer focused solutions, this is the team for you!
We are looking for a visionary leader who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, you constantly pushes the boundaries, takes risks, and has the mental agility to help shape the future.
A key commitment of the CS Technology organization is building a transformational eBay Service experience. You think customer first and always define the experience first before applying technology.
You are a passionate advocate for effective and efficient operations and will define innovative solutions that enable CS Tech to deliver a great customer and employee experience. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a bent for getting things done. You can think big while maintaining an obsessive attention to detail and intense focus on operations.
Visionary / Innovator
You are a creative, innovative, and curious leader who has a passion for technology, commerce and customer service. We need a strategic thinker who enjoys challenging organizations to fulfill their potential and deliver for customers.
You are adept at building relationships and trust across organizations. You strive to understand the business and apply that business acumen to ensure that you are recommending and delivering solutions that meet the business goals and deliver product, operational and experience improvements.
You are able to manage difficult conversations and own the hard calls. Being responsible for the success of a project even when you don’t oversee all the pieces. You are successful by relying on your own expertise, trusting in others to deliver on theirs, and through deep collaboration.
- Build and maintain technical relationship with the Assisted Service team. Become the go-to person for any technical question they might have.
- Educate the Assisted Service team on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business objectives
- Collaborate with Assisted Service Leadership teams to prioritize the CS Tech Portfolio of technology and initiatives impacting the International Region
- Provide program management support for various programs and projects going through various stages of the pipeline related to Assisted Service International Region
- Deliver Results. Drive decisions to ensure programs stay on schedule and launch. Obsess over data and results. Identify how to constantly define and measure success.
- Think strategically, execute tactically. Have the ability to work at a strategic level with senior leaders and the will and want to roll up your sleeves and work tactically with individuals on the Assisted Serivce and CS Tech teams.
- Be proactive. Identify and recommend creative ideas to improve customer and employee focused outcomes
- Communicate regularly and proactively with the Assisted Service team to deliver timely and appropriate responses to incoming requests.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in highly dynamic and distributed customer service environment delivering customer service for internet enabled businesses
- 5+ years in management roles with direct reports and multiple parallel projects
- Understanding of customer transactions and communication, operational work flows, internet technologies, as well as development methodology for a complex multi-business environment
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., ability to make the complex seem simple), program management capabilities, and operational excellence.
- Ability to shift from developing and communicating a strategy to executing in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Ability to orchestrate across teams, both yours and others’, to build and execute complex business plans and strategies
- Thought leader who inspires those around he/she to challenge the status quo.
- Well-honed influencing skills; ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist
- Curious and creative, able to push boundaries, ask “why?” and “why not?”, and is tenacious with problem-solving
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: