Head of Concierge, UKDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0039294
Head of Concierge, UK
We are looking for a Head of to join our Global Service Delivery team, who will lead the Concierge team for the UK organization.
The leader will drive a highly engaging customer experience with the Concierge teams who are responsible for supporting our premium buyers and sellers.
This successful candidate will be a key leader, partnering with both GCX and Marketplaces stakeholders to ensure the effective operation of the organization and will report directly to the Senior Director of UK Global Service Delivery, based in Dublin.
The Head of Concierge UK will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational success of their line of business, driving efficiencies, continuous improvement, delivering on service metrics and customer targets through internal and partner operations. They will be expected to bring significant expertise to the role allowing them to play a leading role across all the team responsibilities listed below.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- The Head of Concierge UK will be accountable for building a great service organisation for their team. These teams exist to support our members, to solve their problems in the quickest simplest easiest way possible and to make them feel great about eBay along the way.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service background in a senior
management role, demonstrated experience with developing and innovating customer service product offerings and leading in a growing and changing industry. We are seeking someone who will create an exceptional end to end customer experience by reducing friction, ensuring our team put the customer at the heart of our work.
- This Leader will inspire and build effective teams dedicated to meeting the highest levels of performance within a complex environment. This includes motivating, building, coaching and developing a future oriented team of senior level leaders into a highly responsive team capable of being inventive, challenging the status quo and working as a cohesive group to meet the needs of all customers.
- Define clear objectives, milestones and measurements for operational delivery teams and ensure that these objectives are customer focused and business driven. Meet and exceed a range of operational targets around productivity, employee attrition and budget to ensure that the organization has the competencies, bandwidth and capability to service expanding e-commerce space.
- The successful candidate will design and deliver a people first strategy that drives team mate engagement, attracts, coaches and develops the people to grow in their potential.
- This position is responsible for implementing strategy and plans, as well as providing management guidance to the team, assessing resources, monitoring daily metrics and providing feedback and solutions to Senior Leadership.
- Identify where we need to improve as a business, identify process and policy improvement opportunities and challenge the business appropriately to consider new and creative ways of doing things, adding value to our customers, employees and stakeholders.
- Have a strong talent for organizing and managing time effectively, have a laser sharp focus on priorities and activities that will have the biggest impact on our customers, show the ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing environments while serving as a steady point of continuity for the team.
- Responsible for meeting transactional expense targets, including significant budgets dedicated to losses and CS contacts
- Can make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- 8+ years business experience
- 5+ years in leading and managing customer service teams to high performance and engagement
- Strong leadership, motivation, coaching, and people skills
- Significant budget management experience
- Has demonstrated exceptional emotional intelligence through a track record of earning positive recognition for conduct, integrity, and effectiveness while successfully completing challenging assignments
- Strong change management and stakeholders management skills
- Strong data analysis skills, able to apply a variety of analytical tools and approaches to solve different types of problems
- Demonstrates understanding and creativity in the use of technology to enable business improvements
- Able to communicate complex technical topics in clear layman’s terms, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to develop and maintain relationships at all levels in the organization
- Experience in, and understanding of e-commerce business models preferred
- Experience in contact centre management is a must
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with eBay’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
- Egoless style: someone who puts the interests of the broader team and eBay’s goals ahead of their own personal agenda, someone who hires for diversity and leads in a way that benefits from the diversity around
- Confident, well prepared leader with the courage to advance the goals of the organization at the senior level, comfortable in a fast‐paced global environment.
- Vibrant, performance‐driven individual who will pursue excellence in translating eBay’s passion vision/mission of the organization into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.
- Collaborative facilitator, who develops relationships and loyalty with his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy‐in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win‐win” solutions across a matrix management organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of co-workers.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: