Head of UK OperationsDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0038363
Head of UK Operations
We are looking for a Head of UK Operations to join eBay’s Global Customer Experience Team. The role will focus on operational excellence and UK daily performance across all lines of business and all key metrics.
The role will be accountable for delivering budget, driving operational efficiencies, delivering costs savings through portfolio of projects, initiative efficiencies and continuous improvement.
The leader will be responsible for managing KPIs, service metrics and customer targets through internal and partner operations. You will be expected to bring significant expertise to play a leading role on the UK team.
This successful candidate will be a key leader, partnering with GCX and other stakeholders to ensure the effective operation of the UK organisation and will report directly to the Senior Director of Global Service Delivery, based in Dublin.
- Responsibility for driving excellence and great service organisation for the UK team, with the overarching mission to support our members, to solve their problems in the quickest simplest easiest way possible and to make them feel great about eBay along the way
- Implementation of the global business strategy, setting clear objectives, milestones and measurements to drive performance of the UK service delivery team
- Taking accountability for strategy and implementation of Operational Efficiencies for the UK team, including working closely with owners of overall global OE initiatives and projects
- Driving delivery and achievements of customer metrics and Operational Efficiencies that enable the highest quality at the lowest service cost
- Responsibility for defining and driving a range of operational objectives to support the UK service delivery team in meeting transactional expense targets and significant budgets dedicated to CS contacts
- Providing the UK team with insights from deep dive GCX data analysis, identifying trends and root cause drivers impacting operational and Customer Experience KPIs, pinpointing process and policy improvement opportunities and supporting decision making
- Challenging the business appropriately to consider new and creative ways of doing things, adding value to our customers, employees and stakeholders
- Developing strong working relationships with stakeholders and support groups, driving ways of working and transparency of dependencies that impact operational effectiveness and performance
- Responsibility for change management, driving and implementing change across all lines of business, ensuring process changes and improvements are fully operationalised for a long-term adoption
- 8+ years business experienc
- Experience in managing call/contact center operations including understanding and knowledge of customer services key performance indicators, with a successful track record in achieving and exceeding operational goals and delivering on budgets
- Strong experience in managing stakeholders, projects and programs across cultures and geographies with a demonstrated ability to work both at local and global business levels and in a matrixed environment
- Strategic & dynamic thinking with the ability to turn strategy into action planning & commercial excellence
- Proven data analysis skills, able to apply a variety of analytical tools and approaches to solve different types of problems
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills with an ability to pull together compelling insights and presentations to a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated exceptional emotional intelligence through a track record of earning positive recognition for conduct, integrity, and effectiveness
- Strong change management and stakeholders management skills
- Understanding and creativity in the use of technology to enable business improvements
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with eBay’s mission, vision and leadership framework
- Egoless style: someone who puts the interests of the broader team and eBay’s goals ahead of their own personal agenda, someone who hires for diversity and leads in a way that benefits from the diversity around
- Confident, well prepared leader with the courage to advance the goals of the organization at the senior level, comfortable in a fast‐paced global environment
- Vibrant, performance‐driven individual who will pursue excellence in translating eBay’s passion vision/mission of the organization into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy‐in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win‐win” solutions across a matrix management organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of co-workers
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: