Digital Marketing ManagerLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0036926 Subsidiary Gumtree
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As Digital Marketing Manager, you will sit within the marketing team in our Richmond office, working together with the brand marketing manager and CRM team to drive audience growth. This is a broad role and requires expertise and experience across social, content and audience development, both organic and paid. You will strategically identify target audience, develop and implement growth strategies in line with company growth plans.
In 2020 we will be focusing on dialling up content to build our audience through search and social, both organically and through paid acquisition. Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities will span social, content and paid amplification.
Social & Marketing
- In coordination with the marketing team, align on content plans across all marketing touch points
- Managing all social media channels for Gumtree UK, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube and Linkedin.
- Define and implement the social strategy as well as manage the content calendar
- Proactively looking at new channels for growth opportunities
- Leading all aspects of community management (in regards to engagement not customer service)
- Work together with the Senior Brand Marketing Manager to develop bespoke Youtube strategy for the Gumtree Motors vertical
- Work collaboratively with the Global Growth team to align any paid activity
- Working in partnership with the global growth team and Head of SEO, the role will be responsible for developing a content strategy and creating content in line with our keyword strategy and audience insight
- Ad hoc copywriting support. Work closely with wider marketing team and head of SEO to provide support with copywriting where required across marketing material and on site
Influencer Marketing & Brand Ambassador Partnerships
- Work closely with Senior Brand Marketing Manager and Senior PR Manager on fully integrated influencer strategy. Identifying influencers (micro, nano and mega) who align with the brands wider strategy and priority categories.
- Coordinate with Senior Brand Manager to ensure content fits brand identify and broader business goals.
- Monthly reporting on growth targets against agreed metrics
- Competitor analysis and review
- Run monthly reporting to track sentiment of the Gumtree brand across all social channels
- Ability to think strategically
You will have extensive experience with social media monitoring tools, a good understanding of technical SEO and experience with competitor tracking tools (e.g. Hitwise, comScore).
- Data driven with creative flair; design skills a bonus
- Experienced using audience development tools and analytics
- Deep understanding of social / digital landscape (platform knowledge, influencers etc)
- Good knowledge of SEO and how to write content for search
- Collaborative, inquisitive & curious attitude
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: