Head of AdvertisingLondon, England Requisition Number R0020530 Subsidiary Gumtree
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK’s leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
We are looking for a Head of Advertising to join the Gumtree team. As the Head of Advertising, you will be responsible for formulating and executing the 3rd party Advertising strategy for Gumtree to drive customer-focused monetization, securing double-digit annual revenue growth. You will also lead a growing, talented team (currently circa 20 people) across Business Development, Agency sales, Programmatic, Operations and Analytics teams.
- Develops exceptional understanding of Display Advertising ecosystem.
- Own and drives the strategy for 3rd party Advertising
- Explicitly link advertising strategy and team objectives to corporate vision and goals.
- Identifies commercial opportunities through continuous improvement and innovation (i.e. business development, partnerships, use of technology).
- Oversees the major vendor, partner and client relationships, providing support to others where necessary.
- Sets direction and prioritization for the deployment of AdTech development resource
- Financial planning & management of costs / revenues.
- Set and communicates quarterly objectives with team that align with company goals.
- Development of reporting and analytics to create insight and recommendations for improvement and positive change
- Contributes to shaping the B2C product development roadmap
- Project manages the launch of new revenue initiatives that capitalize on new market opportunities or technical developments.
CUSTOMER/PARTNERSHIP RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Develop long-term client / partner relationships
- Supports Sales Managers, Key Account Managers and Account Management teams where required (e.g. client negotiations, relationship building, and solution provision).
- Leverage 3rd party relationships to strengthen the advertising value proposition
- Communicates expectations as well as roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Achieve high levels of motivation and engagement amongst the team.
- Provides support and strategic direction and advice to the team (e.g. pricing, solutions, negotiations).
- Explains complex and challenging tasks to team members.
- Foster collaborative, open approach to share standard methodology across Gumtree wider eCG organization
- Delivers against ambitious revenue goals in a customer and user focused manner.
- Accurately forecasts and manages revenue pipelines
- Actively participates in the financial planning for annual budgeting and three year planning.
- Adheres to cost budgets and controls multiple advertising related expenditure lines.
- Provides a structured operating environment for the team.
- Acts as role model for all as a leader supporting our core values and behaviors
- Works across the other business units e.g. Marketing, IT, Finance, Product & Development teams effectively.
- Clearly communicates company vision, expectations, roles and responsibilities to keep the wider team informed and engaged
- Industry networking (represent the eBay Classified brand at relevant industry events) and client partnership development.
- Is an inspiring leader and active participant in relevant external forums
- Define and communicate clear measurable goals
- Leads the performance and coaching of team members.
- Coaches and develops direct reports – identifying development needs and utilizing available resources to develop individuals
- Oversees appraisal process and development planning for all members of their teams
- Openly rewards and recognizes the efforts of others.
- Fosters an open collaborative approach that demonstrates best practice
- Develops clear succession planning through the advertising sales operation
You will possess the following attributes:
- Analytical problem solver who sees projects / initiatives through to completion
- A self-motivated person who is passionate about customer focused monetization, innovation and delivering exceptional results.
- The ability to work independently and the confidence to question where necessary.
- An open, sharing and interactive approach
- Can gain consensus and influence partners positively to achieve results
- The ability to create clarity and structure from ambiguous requirements and situations
View our accessibility infoR0020530
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.