Intern Product Ops & Merchandising ItalyLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0027764 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The European Expansion and Cross-border trade team is one of the most important business unit for eBay, responsible for operations of eBay sites and apps in France, Italy, Spain and the rest of Europe. We aim to improve the experience of tens of millions of eBay buyers and drive efficiency in site operations. We are looking to recruit exceptional planners that by using our tools will create great experiences for our customers, in line with our new shopping experience rolling out in the next months.
The intern will be be passionate about having an impact on millions of potential customers by optimizing our site and getting the best value products in front of them at every opportunity. They will be data literate, bringing together wide ranges of insight and data to develop customer-focussed pages.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Highly responsive and adaptive to change
- Able to create clear working processes and customer outcomes with new tools and approaches across broader team
- Strong stakeholder and customer focus
- Able to work effectively across multiple international teams
Optimisation of Page Quality across multiple verticals, leading to greater conversion to sale
- Ensuring set pages are relevant with great quality images and follow customer decision tree
- Share learnings and plans with other regions. Find issues and properly triage them in order to file an improvement ticket with the proper product or operations team
- Work closely with the SEO team in order to improve organic traffic across sites
- Communicate with and support external agencies on specific projects
Monitor a specific area of the Buyer Experience BU
- Define work streams and support teams in achieving set goals
- Ensure smooth operations and report active bugs
- Align experience and quality check across France, Italy and Spain sites
Analysis and measurement
- Supporting the local and central teams with weekly data extraction and interpretation, tracking implementation and results vs plan for weekly reporting
- Learnings are captured, documented, shared with relevant audiences and used to inform future plans
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial drive and awareness
- Innovative for growth
- Technical versatility, especially with online tools
- A general knowledge and passion for online commerce and technology
- Strong trading mentality – desire to get things right for our customer, balancing short term outcomes and long term objectives
- Fluent Italian, and great English is key
- Have a strong bias to action, and ability to cut through complexity to get operational results
- Availability for a six months internship starting preferably in November or December
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: