Manager, Promotions and PricingLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0039001 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce in the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new!
As a global brand our purpose is to create opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who seek to make the world better
The UK Monetisation team is responsible for maximising long-term value creation for the company across buyers, sellers and partners. Working on some of the largest and most complex elements of our business strategy, including driving financial performance (top and bottom line) and defining the relationships eBay has with its customers and partners, representing the firm’s largest source of competitive advantage, this opening plays an integral role in delivering this.
Responsible for coordinating with our teams managing sellers (Business sellers and Consumer sellers), this role will focus on ensuring the promo plan is aligned to their business strategy and is driving incremental business. To ensure promo delivery, you will work with legal, marketing, customer service and analytics, to ensure the promo delivery.
Reporting into the UK Monetisation Director, this team sits within UK Operations. Operating cross-functionally in the day-to-day workings of eBay’s UK business whilst also at a global level, it will be essential to collaborate successfully with the other major country leads in primarily USA and Germany to develop global initiatives and to build out promo tools & infrastructure.
This exciting opportunity will work across the full range of promotion activities with key responsibilities including:
- Promotional strategy: Analytically and qualitatively analyse the options eBay has to drive sales and revenue through promos, from both an external competitive and internal/seller economics perspective.
- Promo design: develop and test promotional mechanics that will increase incremental revenue for the business
- Stakeholder management: collaborate closely with the relevant leads in the B2C and C2C UK seller teams, creating alignment on promotion plans
- Operational excellence: project lead internal teams to ensure that promos are correctly implemented as designed
- Product roadmap coordination: partner with other regional teams on product needs for promo and collaborate closely with the central product teams to ensure new tools and capability improvements that will drive the business are delivered
Potential candidates will have had exposure to a pricing role at a point in their career, but won’t necessarily be in a pricing role now, or indeed be a deep pricing expert. They will however, demonstrate versatility in their career; this may be through having held variety of functional roles and exposure to pricing.
Given the nature of our model, an ideal candidate will have experience of a marketplace, or retail/marketing oriented environment with an understanding of pricing in a C2C and B2C context. Experience and competencies demonstrated by appropriate candidates, would include the following:
- Previous experience in revenue management and pricing of services, with exposure to designing and managing promotions preferred
- Exceptional analytical thinking skills.
- Strength in analysing information and comfortable with modelling.
- Ability to merge qualitative and strategic perspectives with analytics to create balanced recommendations.
- Ability to lead delivery in a constantly evolving, multi-national cross-functional business.
- Energetic, flexible, and comfortable with dealing through ambiguity in a trust-based, human way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present proposals that incorporate the customer impact as well as the commercial impact.
- Strong attention to detail and experience coordinating with cross-functional teams
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies! So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you can bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: