Lead - Marketplace ExperienceMumbai, India Requisition Number R0029416
Lead - Marketplace Experience
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
Like to shake things up? We do!
eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world.
We are seeking a Lead for Marketplace Experience function who will own Seller Services, Shipping and Marketplace Health and will be a key member of our eBay India leadership team.
About the team:
eBay India is a small team with a fast-paced work environment and entrepreneurial approach. We are setting up new business grounds up and reestablishing eBay in India
- Collaborative Leader: You can contextualize and translate a problem and its solution to interested parties of varying backgrounds to ignite passion and support for your product or ideas. You create an environment that inspires others to bring their creative ideas forward and coach our lower level employees.
- eBay Enthusiast: You love eBay and aspire to deliver outstanding products and experiences. Can empathize with our customers and are innovations are encouraged by their needs.
- Strategic Thinker: Develop a deep understanding of your product vision, the value it brings to customers and its market differentiator. You have a game plan for the long-term success of your product including insights into how the product, industry and competition will evolve so you can continue to generate tremendous value to your customers.
- Strong Executor: Embody grit and are wired for action. Have an inner drive that pulls you over obstacles and propels you through to the finish line while maintaining impeccable quality and integrity.
- Strong communicator. Be able to communicate your vision to diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical. Be prepared to interpret abstract ideas into viable product lifecycle infrastructures.
- Flexible. Be at-ease in our fast-paced, highly dynamic, work environment, and be ready to adjust quickly as needed.
- Seller Services
- Run seller engagement and seller training for marketplace seller
- Develop and deploy seller tools and processes
- Drive seller training and tool adoption according to eBay plan
- Catalogue management: content, quality of assortment, audit
- Own end-to-end roll out plan of seller policies, including communications plan
- Drive Seller NPS
- Deliver affordable shipping solution to our export and import sellers
- BU owner [Business – P&L, Product and Operations] for eBay India customized shipping program – eBay Global Shipping (EGS)
- Adoption and expansion of EGS
- Define and achieve key metrics
- Marketplace Health
- Forge deep connections with Global Operations, GCX, Trust and Support teams by partnering closely with Execs & Leads across the company to develop and refine India marketplace operations and processes for exports and Imports
- Drive continuous improvement projects based on data insights
- Facilitate key processes such as long-term strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or a combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience, with a mix of strategy, plans development, product management and project management / execution. At least 4 years of work experience in e-commerce, operations, project management, analytics
- Shown success in leading a business or product, market research, new product development, strategic and tactical planning and execution
- Excellent relationship builder with strong positive attitude
- Ability to both plan and execute
- Challenge and negotiate with partners where required while maintaining positive relationships
- Work within a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Capable of excelling in a changing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: