Site Reliability Engineer - AdsSan Jose, California
New York, New York Requisition Number R0036023 Subsidiary eBay
Like to shake things up? We do! eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world. Design develop and implement testing practices to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products. Think globally and help eBay be on the leading edge with new products, including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
We are looking for a motivated quality engineer who will contribute to the building, testing, and performance of complex, multi-tier distributed software applications for Availability, Reliability and Performance in Advertising team. You will also participate in various test automation activities in an attempt to break the software. You will work under the mentorship of principal engineers to execute component, functional, integration, performance, and reliability tests. In this role you will work in scrum/agile mode, interacting with the Development, Product Owner, Scrum master, QA engineer, DBA, and Operations teams to test and analyze application features and their impact on the performance of the overall system. This position plays a key role in the development of reliability automation and workflow frameworks and tools.
Advertising is a fast growing, high priority area at eBay. The team builds and manages mission critical systems at a scale and complexity that is very unique. eBay’s ad products serve 190 million buyers worldwide, and take care of 50 Billion daily events across various stacks, that include cutting edge Machine Learning, Systems Engineering, Big Data and OLAP technologies. This role will provide an opportunity to work across all of these areas and stack and develop broad experience with meaningful and mission critical problems.
- Analytical. Be able to convert abstract concepts into viable products using CS fundamentals
- Inventive. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Be able to aggregate information from various places and build relationships with key partners to get the information you need
- Data Driven. Be able to use data to frame out and solve problems
- Programming expertise. Be familiar with Java, C++, and Python.
- A technical connoisseur. Be familiar with algorithms and data structures, such as dynamic array, linked list, stack, queue, binary search, binary search tree, hash map, depth first search, breadth first search, and merge sort.
- Good understanding of product development cycle as well as quality engineering process, standards, and technologies etc.
- A self-starter. Take on new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every day.
- Product and systems solving with deep forensics in application engineering
- Engage in product design to ensure testability, derive comprehensive test strategy
- Write automation and testing for setting up and improving the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines for the observability of Ads products
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience, assist in implementing reliability patterns via platform observability, defining key critical metrics for measuring system availability and reliability
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to build performance dashboards and automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- MS with 3 years of experience as Software Engineer or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of end-to-end web application and Java a plus
- Experience in test automation tools and shown ability to deliver projects on time with good quality
- Outstanding customer focus
- History of providing solutions that accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- Knowledge of systems programming, concurrency, security testing a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: