CFO, AdvertisingSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0030110 Subsidiary eBay
The eBay Advertising Global Finance & Analytics team, located in San Francisco, CA, supports eBay’s advertising business and product teams in North America and Europe. We partner with the business to improve the effectiveness of advertising and the overall buyer experience on eBay’s sites and on the sites of our partner publishers. We help optimize and grow a highly data driven business with cutting edge targeting capabilities and technology.
Our global advertising business is a leader in multiple spaces across the digital advertising landscape. As a premium publisher we drive native direct as well as programmatic supply, we run an Ad Network to capitalize on our valuable 1st party commerce data and we bring product listings to eBay to augment inventory on the site. We are also driving exponential growth in our 1st party advertising business where we are developing a wide range of listing promotion and advertising products for millions of sellers worldwide.
We are looking for a strong leader to head up the finance & analytics function for the business unit reporting directly to the CFO, eBay Americas.
The role is focused on driving better business outcomes through intense data analysis, actionable synthesis and influence across organizations. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The candidate will need to have a passion for leading a team and helping them achieve their potential in a face-paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide overall financial and strategic leadership, drive data driven decision making and direct all planning, forecasting and reporting processes for the growing Advertising P&L.
Provide thought leadership on financial tradeoffs, analytics and experimentation framework and resource allocation decisions.
- Play a significant role in key revenue and other partnership contract development, financial & legal assessment and relationship management (e.g. Google Adsense, programmatic demand side and supply side platform, external direct sales house)
- Drive thought leadership and analytical insight into the impact of advertising products on eBay’s sites particularly in relation to how they may distract users during the purchase process and “cannibalize” marketplace transaction revenue. Help manage this revenue trade-off in order to maximize revenue for eBay overall.
- Lead our effort to streamline finance reporting & analytics to improve business performance. Continuously improve the data ingestion, warehousing, augmenting and visualization of our advertising performance and behavioral datasets to drive insights and data driven decision-making.
- Partner with the VP, GM of eBay Advertising and her leadership team, and influence their programs and plans to achieve financial and operational targets
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity
- Endless curiosity to find the truth, and ability to combine science and art in analysis & synthesis
- Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills; demonstrated effective listening and questioning skills and is comfortable dealing with all levels in the organization
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and deal with all levels in the organization in a clear, timely and effective manner
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment
- Highly analytical and data driven with a strategic understanding of current technologies around data architecture, analysis, visualization and optimization.
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible experience in finance and accounting with a bias towards quantitative analysis
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: