Director, Marketing AnalyticsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0016889 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub,www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
We are seeking someone to lead the Marketing Analytics team at StubHub. The role reports to the Sr. Director of Data & Analytics, alongside peers in Product Analytics, eCommerce Analytics, Data Science, Reporting, and Data Warehousing. The Director of Marketing Analytics manages the team of analysts responsible for working closely with the Marketing team, in support of both the North American and the International business units to optimize return on our performance and brand marketing activity.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with world class quant skills, with particular experience applying experimental design and analysis and multivariate modeling methodologies across a range of performance marketing channels, as well as experience testing offline campaigns. Leadership qualities and coaching skills are necessary.
- As manager of the Marketing Analytics team, cultivate the talented individual contributors on your team to grow their own analytical, communication, and leadership skills
- Roll up your sleeves and perform analyses independently, in cooperation with your team and the Data Science team across a range of more strategic topics for StubHub. Examples are:
- CLV measurement
- Optimizing the marginal dollar spent.
- Keyword bid optimization
- Maintain excellent practice and technical standards
- Establish KPIs and goals; specify reports and dashboards for the Reporting team
- Maintain standards for tracking and measurement; guide those in control of tracking code to specify and QA it properly
- Ensure alignment of our channel attribution model with our business objectives, and with as rigor commensurate with how we make spending decisions
- Be the authoritative thought leader on Marketing Analytics in general, test & learn as corporate culture, experimental design and analysis, and multivariate methods for online and offline marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Execute on the vision of how we can leverage our data to scale, via automation, our ability to optimize marketing through the entire curve of live events: from the smallest concert to the Superbowl
- Directly and through your team, help the marketing channel owners optimize return on their effort and spending through analysis, controlled experiments, pseudo-experiments, and pre-post analyses
- Run the weekly Marketing Performance Meeting, providing rigorous, impartial feedback and measurement advice
- Personally present findings and recommendations for action to your peers in other functions, and to senior leaders of the company, and support the individual contributors on your team to do the same for their work
- Be fluent in the business overall and contribute thoughts and advise when engaging your peers 1:1, in small meetings, and in large meetings comprising StubHub’s extended leadership team, of which you will be a member
- Extensive experience in Marketing Analytics; fluent in the jargon unique to that discipline
- Understanding of the full range of online marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them
- Fluency in web analytics and deep technical understanding of how data are created from first party and third party web beacons
- SQL and Hive fluency
- Proficiency with at least one statistical package, or the Python libraries commonly used in data science
- Excellent critical thinker with strong quantitative skills
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence
- Thorough experience designing and analyzing experiments in a variety of circumstances, including eCommerce
- Expertise with multivariate statistical analysis methods, including the suite Linear Regression variants
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity
- 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing analytics leadership roles
- 2-3 additional years in another analytics discipline or similar rigorous quant analysis discipline
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience
- At least 10 years working professionally in general
- Ideal candidates will possess an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, etc., from a top tier school
**The role is a San Francisco-based, at StubHub’s headquarters. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to the Bay Area.**
View our accessibility infoR0016889
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.