Global Analytics StorytellerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0031893 Subsidiary StubHub
JOB ID: R0031893
POSITION: Global Analytics Storyteller
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will shape the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
StubHub is looking for a talented Global Analytics Storyteller with rich data visualization background, with an appetite for data journalism and storytelling to partner with our Communications Team to tell meaningful and interesting stories about StubHub and the joy of live experiences. The ideal candidate will have a passion for insights and analysis and be familiar with PR analytics and monitoring tools. Leveraging these tools, the analyst will identify data driven storylines, create unique visualizations to tell those stories, and set the standard for internal data visualization. The role has a dotted line to the communications lead and an understanding that this person will sit primarily with the communications team.
- Create an innovative strategy for how communications and the business can best leverage data and analysis, both internally and externally
- Be a thought-partner to the communications team on how best to tell our story – and that of music and sports fans, globally - through the wealth of internal data
- Identify relevant external data sources that could add value
- Identify relevant, newsworthy trends in the live experiences space
- Create unique data visualizations (both static and interactive) that can be shared with the press or published on our own blog
- Work cross-functionally with communications, marketing, and business analytics
- Proficient in Tableau, data visualization tools, SQL, R etc. (AirPR, and Python are desired)
- Collaborative and creative
- BA/BS degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the high-tech industry or data driven story telling.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself