Mobile Engineer (iOS or Android)
San Francisco, California
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace. Our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. The Engineering teams vision is to be the industry leaders in building products and technology to enable our company mission.
StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment and is processing a ticket every second with billions of ticket sales each year globally. We partner closely with MLB, NFL, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and Philadelphia 76ers, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. As the Mobile Engineer, you will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the road map and our plan for the future. You will own and evolve the native mobile technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer. You will be working on high-volume applications that power the StubHub marketplace and leading high performing teams to build an engaging selling experience for millions of customers daily and generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
- Be part of a full stack engineering team working on StubHub mobile application
- Work with key partners in the PM, Design and Engineering Managers to architect simple, reliable and elegant iOS and/or android applications
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to the team, to build multi-tier scalable, performance and reliable applications that operate 24x7
- Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making
- Mentor exceptional talent at IC level
- Be a culture champion on the team and across the company
- 5+ years of work experience in software design and development, with 3+ years in mobile application development
- Strong iOS or Android programming skills, deep understanding of the iOS or Android SDK
- Experience and in build products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills, that includes the ability to coach and mentor engineers of all skill levels
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.For more information see:EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years