Quantitative TraderSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0029276 Subsidiary StubHub
The Quantitative Trader role at StubHub presents an exciting opportunity for a developing trader to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Live Event Entertainment and E-commerce.
As an integral member of the growing Managed Marketplace team, you will leverage your previous market execution experience directly, while also helping us enhance our proprietary technology. The Quantitative Trader will play a key role in executing and implementing portfolio optimization strategies, tracking and analyzing marketplace data.
Location: San Francisco, CA
The ideal candidate is a self-starting individual looking to merge a love of sports and music with their marketplace experience to make an immediate impact at the forefront of the developing ticketing marketplace. You are a natural problem solver with a proven ability to thrive and adapt in a team environment. You combine your experience in analyzing large data sets to make informed, strategic decisions.
In addition to possessing the financial acumen to implement complex execution strategies, you have demonstrated a creative approach in the development of proprietary tools, strategies and data analytics.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage portfolios across multiple markets
- Develop and implement portfolio/risk management strategies
- Work closely with our data scientists to develop and enhance our algorithms and statistical models
- Help build quantitative tools to analyze portfolio exposures and risk-factors
- Prepare and transmit reports to key personnel and clients
- Analyze past trades and historical data in constant search for improvement
- Assist in the monitoring of the risk and overall volatility of client accounts
- Experience executing transactions of equities or derivatives at a hedge fund, bank, or proprietary trading firm
- Fluency in SQL, Python, and R
- In-depth understanding of derivative pricing and asset valuation models
- Understanding of risk factors that drive portfolio performance
- Exceptional quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Attentiveness and ability to react to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while fostering external professional relationships
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, build rapport and influence peers
- Passion for sports and live events
- BS/MS/PhD in quantitative field – Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and schedule is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself