Senior Manager, North America AnalyticsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0024959 Subsidiary StubHub
POSITION: Senior Manager, North America Analytics
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
StubHub, an eBay company, is the world’s leading online tickets marketplace providing fans a safe, convenient place to get tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows they want to see, and an easy way to sell their tickets when they can't go.
We are seeking someone to lead the North America (NorAm) Analytics team at StubHub. This high-impact role reports to the Director of Data & Analytics, alongside peers in Product Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Data Science, Reporting, Data Warehousing, and Data Ops.
The NorAm Analytics Director leads the team of analysts each responsible for the respective vertical businesses and one horizontal function in NorAm:
- Concerts & Theater
- NFL, NBA, NHL
- MLB, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, and “Other Sports”, e.g., MLS, NASCAR, PGA, USTA, etc.
- B2C (Brokers), and C2C supply and market share tracking and analysis.
As a Senior Manager for NorAm Analytics you will bring outstanding business acumen and superior communication skills with world-class analytical and Quant skills. Leadership qualities and coaching skills are necessary. You will also bring a passion for Sports and Concerts business therefore Sports business analytics experience is highly desired. If you are in the know and like to talk about who’s likely to make the playoffs this season, how the draft, player trades, and management changes among professional sports teams impact team performance, you’ll thrive. These are important causal phenomena that explain a lot of what you’ll see in the data, and can have material impact on our business.
The role based out of San Francisco, at StubHub’s headquarters. You will either be local or be willing to relocate to the Bay Area.
- As leader of the NorAm Analytics team, you will cultivate existing and new talent in your to grow their own analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Assume the role of analytics lieutenant for the NorAm General Manager: proactively informing the GM and his direct reports of emerging trends, state of the industry from the customer behavior perspective, our competitive status—where we’re winning, losing, or tying, and so forth.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of the business: marketing/demand impacts, supply impacts, and product feature impacts. So, even though there a “sibling” teams for marketing and product analytics, in this role, the leader has to synthesize a complete worldview by regular debriefing the leaders of those teams.
- Manage analysts who specialize by these genre/specialty groupings:
- NFL, NBA, NHL MLB, NCAAF, NCAAB, and all other sports (MLS, ASCAR, Golf, Tennis, etc.)
- Concerts & Theater
- Market Share tracking and analysis, and B2B/B2C supply analysis
- Roll up your sleeves and perform analyses independently, in cooperation with your team and the other Analytics teams across a range of more strategic topics for StubHub.
- Execute on the vision of how we can leverage our data to scale, via automation, our ability to make optimal business decision through the entire curve of live events: from the smallest concert to the Super Bowl.
- Personally present findings and recommendations for action to your peers in other functions, and to senior leaders of the company, and support the individual contributors on your team to do the same for their work.
- Be fluent in the business overall and contribute thoughts and advise when engaging your peers 1:1, in small meetings, and in large meetings comprising StubHub’s extended leadership team, of which you will be a member.
- Fluency in web analytics and deep technical understanding of how data are created from first party and third party web beacons.
- SQL and Hive/Hadoop fluency is mandatory.
- Proficiency with at least one statistical package, or the Python libraries commonly used in data science.
- Excellent critical thinker with strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence. Utterly comfortable making data-backed assertions in public forums and with senior leadership.
- Thorough experience designing and analyzing experiments in a variety of circumstances, including eCommerce.
- Expertise with multivariate statistical analysis methods, including the suite Linear Regression variants.
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in analytics leadership roles, 5 years of experience managing teams and 10 years of overall career history.
- 2-3 additional years in another analytics discipline or similar rigorous quant analysis discipline.
- Analytics experience for a professional team or league a strong plus.
- You possess an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, etc., from renown school.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself