Information Security ArchitectSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0021315 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay's Security Team is seeking an exceptional Information Security Architect to join our team. As an Information Security Architect at eBay, you will work side by side with our Development, Operations, Enterprise IT, and Customer Service teams to ensure our global environments are secured and monitored. The right person for this role will have a broad technical information security background with a focus on detection, prevention and response to security threats.
The eBay InfoSec Architecture and Engineering team is a highly effective and collaborative team that support each other to deliver strategic initiatives while leveraging diverse technical backgrounds and skill sets.
If you are someone who has experience building and securing high performance environments, then we would like to meet you.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership and training on Identity and Access Management and other security domains/ concepts for team members and others across the organization
- Manage virtual teams to deliver Cloud and Dev Ops initiatives via a matrixed environment to support business and security objectives.
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information security technologies and requirements.
- Complete projects by providing high level leadership to ensure information security resources are coordinated with matrixed environment project resources and align timetables with users, departments, and data centers.
- Preserve assets by implementing information security and control structures.
- Recommend information security technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements.
- As a key architect participate in maintaining staff and selecting new team members by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, building strategic roadmaps, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective action.
- Maintain quality service and security by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adherence to Information Security policies and procedures
- As a key member of the Information Security Architecture team Design and Develop Identity and Access Management architectural patterns for the organization and integrate applications.
- Work with Business Users to gather requirements and design secure architecture solutions to satisfy those requirements and ensure compliance with Information Securit policies and procedures.
- Collaborate across teams to build and maintain creative solutions to security problems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various technologies from network security design, configuration, authentication
- Identify, design and build solutions that can be adopted and deployed into a highly available production environment.
- Investigate suspicious security event activity
- Proactively find and fix security issues
- Evaluate new security technologies
- Evangelize security within eBay
- Work across teams to enhance the security posture of internal infrastructure and client-facing systems
- Perform security reviews of server / network / web application design within a virtualized environment and ensure compliance with eBay security policies and security best practices.
- Support Identity and Access Management evolution across eBay's rapidly growing number of systems and applications.
- Responsible for raising company-wide security awareness and monitoring information security related web sites and newsletters to stay up to date on current attacks and trends.
- Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those threats, and communicate risks to relevant business units
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience in software-based networking technologies and SDN management interaction between applications and orchestration systems (API).
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X and strong background in open source.
- Expert level experience working with and optimizing intrusion detection and SIEM tools
- Experience securing scalable web architectures and distributed systems
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google)
- Experience securing flow of data with CDN providers (Akamai and Level3)
- Expert experience in evaluating and assessing security threats across a variety of environments and industries
- Technical knowledge/ coding skills in Java, Ruby and or Python
- Knowledge of PCI and SOX controls
- Must be self-driven and motivated
- Outstanding communications skills and a clear awareness of what being an effective team member entails
- Calm under pressure, and an ability to provide concise and thorough security related technical support and guidance on complex issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- CISSP/GIAC Certification
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with PAM/ IAM/ SSO
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: