Director, CompensationSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038409 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
We are responsible for all aspects of candidate and employee experience across eBay. We drive business performance, recruiting, learning and development, compensation, benefits, people experience shared services, and people tools and technologies – and oversee the continuing evolution of the company's culture.
eBay is seeking a Director of Compensation to support our Global Customer Experience (GCX) organization. The compensation partner will fill an important role on the team and be a strategic leader that blends an analytical approach to compensation with an ability to work closely with senior leaders and People business partners (PBPs) to influence outcomes and deliver high impact in this critical business function.
- Provide day-to-day thought leadership and proactive consultation/guidance on compensation strategy and execution
- Act as a compensation business partner, strategic solution provider and expert advisor to business leaders and PBPs by combining in-depth knowledge of compensation principles, understanding of the business and market landscape, and detailed analysis/models
- Own the GCX incentive compensation program design and ensure the plan contributes to business success, in partnership with PBPs, GCX operations, and GCX leadership
- Develop controls to ensure eBay’s incentive compensation plans are being administered in an accurate, efficient and timely manner that adheres to the plan terms
- Proactively research and analyze data (market, attrition, offer acceptance rates, etc.) to determine the competitive position of client groups. Present findings and propose solutions to support business objectives and ensure internal equity and external competitiveness are maintained as appropriate
- Support and advise on compensation related activities such as strategic new hire offers, promotions, international transfers, budget allocation and top talent retention
- Craft individual compensation plans for top performers, at-risk employees and candidates
- Respond to compensation-related questions from managers, PBPs and recruiters
- Support the implementation of all on-going compensation programs; provide proactive, deep insights to guide decision making and continuously working with people leaders to make sound compensation decisions
- Participate in job design and job evaluation initiatives
- Identify opportunities to improve compensation programs, policies and processes to ensure they support the business strategy and help drive performance. Diagnose gaps between current and desired states and develop strategies to resolve those gaps, shaping the decision-making process and influencing stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead, participate and contribute to various other projects and initiatives pertaining to compensation and/or overall global total reward programs and practices
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay. Stays up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation and trends
- BS/BA or equivalent, 12+ years compensation experience in compensation consultant and analyst roles with understanding and experience of customer experience or other large operations organizations market and trends preferred
- Strong initiative and the ability to self-manage and multi-task
- Thrived in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrated partnership and influencing skills, communication skills and customer support at all levels of the company, including with senior leadership
- The ability to set strategic direction and follow through with execution on complex projects and initiatives
- Experience supporting a large customer service or operations organization in the U.S. and globally (preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish/maintain excellent working relationships with business leaders, PBPs and other People teams
- High level of personal integrity and comfortable operating with ambiguity - capable of balancing good governance with high quality client service
- An ability to shift between high-level design, consulting work, and analytical and operational work
- Expertise leading projects
- Expertise with analytics, Excel, PowerPoint and global People Systems
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: