Sr.Director, Risk StrategySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0022205 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a bold and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and courageous experts to transform our business unit to enable eBay's next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Policy, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
As the Sr. Director of Risk Strategy, you will have a rare opportunity to establish and grow a new team for eBay and be responsible for the development and implementation of the Payments risk management portion of eBay's strategic business plan.
This is a critical leadership position in our Risk Management organization within eBay's Payments business unit. Working within Payments, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Product to ensure that eBay's risk policies, procedures and platform work in concert to maximize revenues, effectively manage risk, and efficiently utilize operating expense to deliver an outstanding buying and selling experience for our customers.
You will hire and develop a team passionate about Risk Planning, Vendor Strategy, and Process Optimization & Implementation. You will work with your Risk Planning team to develop strong planning processes aligned with our Payments Analytics and Finance FP&A functions to use data in guiding the development, prioritization, and measurement of Risk Management objectives.
You will build a global Risk Vendor strategy team to support the development of state of the art enhanced authentication, authorization, and loss management capabilities. Your team will craft clear metrics to gauge price/performance options for various account and transaction risk mitigation strategies to guide cross-functional eBay teams in making sound vendor choices.
You will build a Process Optimization and Implementation team to define a framework for documenting, optimizing, and auditing our risk management policies and procedures that support eBay's core payment processes, and be responsible for the implementation of this framework across the company.
- Deep understanding of risk management in multiple areas: underwriting, fraud mitigation for online or mobile payment transaction processing, loss mitigation and recovery, and payments compliance
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and payments operating rules related to risk management for multiple forms of payment
- Expertise in leading analytics functions in planning and prioritizing strategic initiatives
- Excellent problems solving skills – the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex, and sometimes conflicting, business objectives across multiple functions
- Consistent track record collaborating across complex organizations to become a trusted advisor providing thought leadership to help teams balance near term and long range plans to achieve corporate objectives
- 10+ years experience in building and developing teams in dynamic, tech-savvy organizations
- 7+ years experience in Management Consulting, or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, finance, or related field
- MS/MBA/MA degree or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: