San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are part of Hadoop Platform Team within ebay , working with a mission towards enhancing availability, security and other features on the platform within Analytics Infrastructure. We are looking for talented senior software engineers who have a passion for building and shipping great software while leading and contributing into availability and security initiatives. You will be responsible for driving innovation with focus on scenarios on Hadoop. ebay has one of the largest Hadoop Deployments in the world with over 12000 nodes and 200 Petabytes of configured storage. We partner with Hadoop Distribution Vendors including Cloudera and Hortonworks to build Enterprise ready features in Hadoop.
We are a fun and exceptionally passionate team, striving to make a difference creating secure and efficient solutions on our Hadoop Platform. We are looking for you to build strong cross-platform relationships with our customers and partners.
If you are a ninja software engineer, have worked on large scale distributed systems and platforms, have an insatiable desire to create great products and with a no-nonsense attitude, this would be the ideal position for you.
The Cool Part :
- Be part of the mission to contribute into and enable the next generation Hadoop Platform at eBay.
- Work in small groups of extremely talented and dedicated engineers in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Design and implement differentiated production-grade features related to security, high availability and multi-tenancy.
- Ability to contribute into open source projects while delivering value to ebay
Job Requirements :
- Strong passion for core platform initiatives
- Experience with architectures and analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Java or equivalent programming skills with experience building and managing enterprise grade systems software
- Strong experience with Apache Hadoop. Experience with Hortonworks distributions is a plus.
- Familiarity with Spark and/or other related open source projects
- Familiarity with Hadoop Security projects like Knox Gateway, Sentry, Ranger, Rhino is a plus
- Ability to provide guidance to team members on platform concepts and practices
- Experience building high performance, high scalability, and high availability applications is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum and previous experience delivering in a story driven agile environment is preferred
- Master Degree in Computer Science or a bachelor’s degree with significant relevant experience is required
- 10+ years related work experience
- Good linux and networking knowledge
- Self directed work style with minimum supervision
- Strong technical and large systems design skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
View our accessibility infoR0020755
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years