Information Security Engineer (MTS-1)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0013418 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- BSCS degree with 3-5 years of experience or an MS degree with 2+ years of experience
- Up to 5 years of related hands-on security experience with web applications is desirable.
- Strong Working knowledge of mobile application security. Web security is a plus.
- Working experience with product development teams in a security engineering role is highly desirable.
- A background in software development and security in mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Programming experience in Java and familiarity with databases is highly desirable. Knowledge of other technologies like PHP, Node.js, Content management systems is a plus.
- Ability to conduct mobile and web security assessments and handle vulnerability remediation of applications and web services
- Ability to build automation tools for security processes for both mobile and web applications
- Ability to deep dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
- Ability to determine risk based on context
- Ability to conduct security awareness trainings
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to the security needs of a highly agile organization
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.