Information Security Engineer (MTS-2)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0028771 Subsidiary eBay
We need highly motivated security and technical experts to join eBay’s Global Information Security team to solve the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today. Security Engineers are expected to be hands-on with technology in researching, designing, and implementing capabilities and defenses to secure and protect eBay’s critical infrastructure.
- Design and drive adoption of vulnerability mitigation solutions across marketplace applications
- Own processes for continuously fine tuning security rules and processes for efficient detection and mitigation
- Help define overall application security strategies and procedures and participate in threat modeling exercises.
- Help define operational processes to ensure predictable software development outcomes; refine Information Security processes and procedures.
- Develop, recommend, evaluate, integrate, deploy, and maintain security tools including static and dynamic analyzers, security frameworks
- Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards that help team to track/report on compliance
- Evaluate software security products and technologies, as required
- BSCS degree with 5-7 years of experience or an MS degree with 3+ years of experience
- At least 2 years of strong hands-on security product development experience (Java, Python, Node) on internet facing applications required.
- Understanding of threat vectors at Application level is required. Experience in bot mitigation solutions is a definite plus.
- Development experience in database operations in MongoDB, Hadoop, ELK stack preferred. Working knowledge of Data Analytics is a plus)
- Experience in data analytics would be a definite plus
- Ability to deep dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
- Ability to build automation tools for security processes for both mobile and web applications
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to the security needs of a highly agile organization
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: