Manager, Operational ExcellenceSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038840 Subsidiary eBay
The Product Strategy & Operations team helps the organization identify, plan for, and execute on our highest priorities. In this critical role, you will focus on solving complex, high impact problems, in collaboration with other functions in eBay, with the ultimate goal of improving customer experience. You will define, drive and implement continuous improvement initiatives to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the development of our products, while creating mechanisms to guide teams and share best practices. You will design new processes that are simple yet effective to improve Product Operations.
In this role you will:
- Identify and drive improvement opportunities based on data, customer feedback and stakeholder inputs, while ensuring cross-functional alignment and stakeholder buy-in.
- Lead strategic Operational Excellence projects and deliver measurable and sustainable results.
- Structure and break down complex problems - develop hypotheses, drive analyses, deliver recommendations and facilitate decision-making.
- Collect, validate, and analyze data required to understand problem root causes, or key drivers of required results.
- Determine critical business metrics and build dashboards, scorecards, and other measurement systems. Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to define solutions.
- Lead ad-hoc, team-based problem solving workshops using Kaizen methodology, and similar tools.
- Deliver updates on progress and critical learnings, in writing and in presentations, and facilitating executive dialogues around trade-offs and decision making.
- Create and maintain clear, user-friendly process documentation: templates, tools, process maps, and graphical representations.
- Manage and facilitate forums to share best practices and disseminate changes.
- Promote, educate and own the change management process to implement solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from a recognized business program or certifying organization, or equivalent experience working within a structured process improvement framework.
- Project management certification or demonstrated project management experience in a large scope, multi-function business environment.
- Track record of completing complex, impactful and sustained improvement projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading matrixed, cross-functional teams, with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation as well as verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate complex topics in clear layman’s terms across all levels.
- Experience in e-commerce, commerce, or transactional business environments.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodology.
- Self-starter that can identify issues, craft solutions with minimal direction and ‘get stuff done’ .
- 10+ years of business experience and 5+ years of process improvement experience BA/BS or MBA.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: