Manager, Product ManagementSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038344 Subsidiary eBay
About the Company:
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? At eBay, your work makes a difference.
About the Team:
The Customer Service Technology Team is responsible for Product Management, Engineering and Technology Operations that empowers our Customer Service experience. From the site help and contact functionality to the tools our agents use for supporting our customers to the phone on the desk, we work to ensure that eBay’s service technology is leading the industry.
We are not your 'traditional' IT team that focuses on simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are on a transformation journey to evolve into a true customer focused engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged and loved platforms with an emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are scalable, rigorous and reliable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI, scale or feature limitations.
We truly believe that great design and efficient processes have the ability to engage and inspire customers and end users. We strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our products, tools and experiences. We value precision coupled with a “get things done” mindset, and look for proven skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the customer experience, attacking complex processes, and defining amazing customer focused solutions, this is the team for you!
We are seeking for our Customer Service Technology team an experienced Product Leader for the Self and Guided Service team. You are a leader with an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are committed to finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You will set the tone, standards, mechanisms and processes for how the team works. You will think big about opportunities to re-invent our processes and maximizing taking bold bets on the most promising ideas, prioritizing them and delivering big results. You will work with all partners across the business within a fast moving, goal-oriented culture: business partners, customers, product managers, development teams, QA, reporting, and other functions, to meet product goals and improve the customer experience when they need help.
- Lead the product strategy for the online help experience at eBay
- Manage a team of 3+ Product Managers focused on Self Service capabilities and guide and inspire them in the day to day work
- Clarify the vision, support the development and implementation of the product roadmap
- Ideate, and drive data-driven decisions using various inputs from partners and customers
- Ensure the delivery of high quality features on time to achieve defined customer satisfaction goals
- Expand and align customer use cases that can be resolved via voice or text in alignment to the overall Self-Service priorities and ensure feedback loop from reps and customers to identify issues and improvement opportunities
- Understand the dynamics and drivers of our critical metrics and provide business recommendations accordingly
- Partner closely with analytics and content teams to ensure proper measurement instrumentation, monitoring and reporting of product success post launch
- Solve complex problems in simple ways, distill complex discussions into actionable summaries and communicate plans and progress to leadership and partner teams
- Evangelize the Self-Service products across the organization, drive integration and ensure desired positive impact is achieved
- Collaborative Leader: You demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills across all levels of the organization. You are not afraid of dealing with ambiguity. You can contextualize and translate a problem and its solution to partners of varying backgrounds to ignite passion and support for your product or ideas. You are technical savvy to work closely with developers, understanding their technical capabilities and constraints. You create an environment that inspires others to bring their creative ideas forward. You expect and require innovation of your team. You use excellent judgment and have high standards and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- eBay Enthusiast: You love eBay and aspire to deliver extraordinary products and customer experiences. You can empathize with your customers and your innovations are driven by their needs across their end-to-end customer journey
- Strategic Thinker: You can develop a deep understanding of your product vision, the value it brings to customers and its market differentiator. You have a game plan for the long-term success of the products in your team, including insights into how the product, industry and competition will evolve so you can continue to generate tremendous value to your customers. You have a proven growth mindset and can think creatively
- Strong Executor: You are strongly oriented towards results. You embody grit and are wired for action. You have an inner drive that pulls you over obstacles and propels you through to the finish line while maintaining impeccable quality and integrity. You are able to dive deep and are not out of touch with the details of the business or the technology. You pose good judgment in balancing between innovation and robust operation, able to optimize productivity and efficiency when working with your partners
- 10+ years of translating customer needs into features and solutions, delivering delightful and frictionless customer experiences that deliver business results and proven track record of product management experience, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Your have experience with online help experiences, personalization and prediction
- 3+ years experience in Management roles with direct reports handling multiple parallel projects
- Understanding of customer transactions and communication, operational workflows, internet technologies, as well as development methodology for a complex multi-business environment
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative in nature, ability to make the complex seem simple
- Ability to shift from developing and communicating a strategy to executing in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Ability to orchestrate across teams, both yours and others’, to build and execute complex business plans and strategies
- Leader with a vision who inspires those around to bring the best version of themselves
- Detailed understanding of how customer service operations work
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning concepts
- Experience in operating in global environments across cultures, locations, and time zones
- Analytical and comfortable making data-driven decisions
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you are safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: