Payroll ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0032869 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
eBay is looking for a high energy, self-motivated and collaborative Payroll Manager who will be responsible for leading the payroll processors and ensuring timely and accurate postings for all payroll related activities for the North American Shared Service group. This will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for payroll accuracy and timeliness,
- Day-to-day oversight of the payroll processing team,
- Ensure 100% compliance with existing internal controls,
- Responsibility for ensuring that all payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current standard methodologies,
- Ensuring that the processors have the technical support and training needed to perform their duties,
- Responsible for regular metrics reporting, tax compliance and business registrations
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions
- Support Salesforce case management system
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Perform periodic earnings and deduction audits,
- Responsible for accurate year-end payroll close and W-2 processing,
- Perform quarterly stock option inter-company audits and reconciliations,
- Responsible for first level escalations, including inquiry resolution and follow up
- Assist the team in identifying areas where improvements can be made to streamline existing workflows
A successful Payroll Manager will be able to independently handle the day-to-day payroll processing requirements while working with senior management to help drive operational improvements. Have 8 plus years of experience processing payroll for large public employers, in a supervisor or manager role. Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Good management skills
- Ability to lead a large team
- Ability to provide world-class customer service,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills,
- Ability to deliver top flight work in a fast growth environment,
- Working knowledge of payroll software platforms, including ADP Vantage, eTime and Kronos
- Problem solving skills
- Experience managing projects and maintaining process documentation
- Extensive regulatory payroll knowledge
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: