Product Marketing DirectorSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0028021 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community that is dedicated to building a visionary and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
We are focused on defining creative solutions that enable customers to safely buy and sell on our platform. Both buyers and sellers require payment capabilities: buyers require frictionless experiences and relevant checkout choices while sellers require visibility and timely access to funds. Your role will be essential in analyzing the competitive global marketplace and payment landscapes, deeply understanding and articulating the customer needs in a given market, and identifying the business impact of various options.
Our Product Marketing Managers are customer experts, motivated by insights, that drive the planning and execution for their domain. They draw insights from qualitative and quantitative research and sources, with the goal of defining features and directing our go-to-market strategy. You will work alongside multiple cross functional teams: regional partners, product managers, finance and customer support teams to deploy and drive adoption for the next generation of eBay solutions.
We are looking for an A-player who wants to take his or her career to the next level by innovating and collaborating with an extraordinary team that is crafting personalized marketing products at scale. You care about making a difference and you are passionate about inspiring change. We have an opportunity that will challenge you just as much as you will challenge others. Welcome to a position where you can build the future.
You will have broad and diverse experience in leading product marketing and launch, as well as functional expertise in payments. You will own the strategy and design of go-to-market plans, including regional coordination, financial analysis, communication and marketing activities. Experience leading go-to-market strategy and successful delivery in ecommerce and/or marketplaces a plus. You are data driven, naturally curious, and have the ability to work reciprocally across functions.
- Proven history of crafting and executing successful go to market strategies
- Effective C-Level communicator who can passionately articulate the vision and inspire collaboration
- Successful track record leading market research, conduct financial analysis, and design statistically significant tests
- Skilled at navigating large global organizations and working together to ensure cross-functional agreement
- Experience engaging with regional and segment leaders to design local relevance and customer specific value propositions
- Able to drive complex projects from inception to execution
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events and communication
- Use marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user
- Build and execute creative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption
- Partner with cross-functional influencers including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative and leadership, to drive product roadmaps, strategy and execution
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy
- Developing the right go-to-market strategy to facilitate customer adoption of the right product at the right time, through incremental delivery and co-discovery with customers and the team
- Driving the outcome(s) that will make your product successful. Own customer outcomes and measures of success.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of industry experience in payments and/or product marketing
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills with data driven and results orientation
- Marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, pricing, branding, creative development, campaign execution) in ecommerce, payments or financial technology a plus
- Strong project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus
- Demonstrated track record of planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing operations and ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a numbers driven approach
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities. Proven ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: