Program Manager, Risk ManagementSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0029203 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About Our Team:
The Program Managers charter is to undertake complete ownership of end-to-end delivery of critical initiatives at eBay through the integration of business, technical, and operations workstreams. We empower world-class teams to create one-of-a-kind experiences that enrich the lives of millions. We are looking for a passionate Program Manager to secure positive outcomes from cross-functional teams, from engineering teams to businesses leaders and operations managers.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Establish the vision.
· Track dependencies, assumptions, and discoveries.
· Foster fast and well-informed decisions.
· Identify, prioritize, and pressurize open issues.
· Accurately report status and project delivery timeline and scope.
Work with business and customer stakeholders to define program execution objectives, dependencies, outcomes and requirements. Partner with internal and external teams to deliver on time and with the quality required. Able to work with Product Management and Technical PD Leaders to prioritize and adjust product project schedules appropriately
• Prioritize and define scope to meet target initiative needs in a timely manner given available resources. Negotiates the use of resources, budgets, schedules, scope creep. This includes creating and executing against the project plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the development and release life cycles from inception to production launch and post production support.
• Develop, maintain, and distribute standard program/product management deliverables for the successful launch of new products and services, including: implementation plan, project schedule, project budget and variances, dependency mapping, issues & action items log, meeting minutes, risks assessment and contingencies. Able to manage multiple products and interdependencies associated with the program.
• Identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. They define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present their progress, and share project information with other professionals in their organization.
• Act as the link between technical teams (composed of programmers, engineers or marketing staff) and upper management. Must be prepared both to manage project resources, including staff, time-tables, equipment and financing, and to report progress and explain project situations to upper management
• Partner with technology, architects and infrastructure/network operations to identify areas in need of improvement to increase cycle time throughput, decrease churn rates, customer satisfaction, minimize team fatigue and decrease support/change/bug-fix requests.
• Coordinate multiple teams, programs/projects, initiatives as they align to a greater whole. Brings all things together in very large scale implementations that would otherwise be too difficult to implement and provide the "means" to which the work gets done by governance and policy.
• Act as a management level to help clear through disagreements, open issues and dependencies are resolved between cross-functional teams. Typically, there are problems that require high-level management support or even just the support of resource streams. Must work through these problems to make sure they are appropriately staffed and that open issues and roadblocks are quickly resolved.
• Identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. Spot systemic problems and rally the right team to tackle them. Good conceptual thinker to articulate business opportunities and technical solutions. Drive technical resolutions and cross team product deliverables
• Define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present their progress, and share project information with other professionals in their organization. Communicates product technical development schedules and status with other dependent programs and products. Attends program team meetings and able to communicate product/technical constraints and status to other teams.
• Manage and orchestrate all core team discussions and drive policies, standards and governance setting and implementation to sustain goals and outcomes YoY. Able to manage and correlate critical paths across multiple programs to determine and manage escalations and set team focus to address those constraints.
• Assume responsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution. Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of the program. Assume responsibility to drive ownership for issue resolution.
• Create and maintain scorecards to track lifecycle performance.
• Payments or insurance industry experience (in Risk Management) is a MUST
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• 8+ years as a Program Management or Product Management experience in a technology oriented organization.
• 5+ years’ proven track record of successfully launching multi-dependent and complex Risk technology products and services with geographically distributed teams in complex platform environments.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing products and solving problems.
• Must be team-oriented and be able to work in a close-knit environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical individuals.
• Individual must share passion and commitment to the values and mission of eBay and have ability to motivate teams to reach company objectives and follow cultural values.
eBay Inc. operates e-commerce platforms that connect various buyers and sellers worldwide. Its platforms enable sellers to organize and offer inventory for sale; and buyers to find and buy it virtually anytime and anywhere. The company’s Marketplace platforms include its online marketplace at ebay.com and the eBay mobile apps; and StubHub platforms comprise its online ticket platform at stubhub.com and the StubHub mobile apps, which enable fans to purchase tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows. Its Classifieds platforms include a collection of brands, such as Mobile.de, Kijiji, Gumtree, Marktplaats, eBay Classifieds, and others that offer online classifieds and help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. The company platforms enable users to find, buy, sell, and pay for items through various online, mobile, and offline channels, which include retailers, distributors, liquidators, import and export companies, auctioneers, catalog and mail-order companies, classifieds, directories, search engines, commerce participants, shopping channels, and networks. eBay Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in San Jose, California
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: