Quality EngineerSan Jose, California
Portland, Oregon Requisition Number R0038398 Subsidiary eBay
Are you a quality-driven engineer who is passionate about bringing great apps for a global audience? Join our team in growing one of the world’s largest marketplaces! At ebay, we're working to enable commerce for everyone and improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
This opening is with the Americas Regional Development Team. We're focused on improving the experience of buying and selling specialty items on ebay, and work closely with our business team to identify niche markets, unusual features, partnerships, and emerging technologies to help our customers.
- We follow the Scrum framework and focus on continual improvement in our practices, driven from the ground up. We expect you to advocate for improvements in quality and culture, and to support your colleagues in the same.
- We enjoy TDD, pairing, code reviews, and other techniques to maintain high-quality code and resiliency as a team. Quality is more than just code coverage, and everyone is responsible for keeping the bar high.
- We work with geographically dispersed teams, so excellent communication and remote collaboration skills are necessary for our projects to succeed.
Who are we looking for?
During our interviews, expect to discuss and demonstrate that you're able to meet these qualifications:
- 5 years of professional quality engineering experience, working in teams with a mix of engineers and non-engineers.
- 3 years of test automation using Selenium WebDriver, XCTest, or Espresso. Please provide links to any sites, apps, or open-source projects you've contributed to! We're excited to see what you've built.
- Evidence that you can deliver on challenging, long term projects. A degree is great, but not necessary for most of the work we do. We'll happily consider equivalent professional experience.
- Interest and enthusiasm about making ebay a better marketplace for everyone, everywhere.
What do we offer?
When we take care of good people, we produce great products. When we hire people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, abilities, and talents, we're able to understand and better serve more buyers and sellers.
eBay offers competitive salaries and benefits at all levels, including parental leave, flexible work hours, extensive health benefits and insurance. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and inclusion -- for our employees and our customers.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: