Senior Financial AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0033678
As an essential member of the Americas Finance team, you will work closely with the Supply, Seller & GA business functions to plan and report on financials and operating expenses. You will be responsible for monitoring operational expenses, including month end close, data entries, forecasting, and managing budgets. Partnering with other finance and analytics functions within our organization, you will develop an understanding of the monthly financial process, operating rhythm, and business insights. We’re looking for self-starters with a keen eye for detail, strong communication skills, and a sharp sense for strong business decisions.
• Responsible for the monthly financial close, journal entries, accurate financial reporting of expenses, flux analysis, and managing the headcount targets.
• Financial planning and reporting (monthly forecasting, annual budgeting and strategic long term planning)
• Ensure reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. Assure financial compliance.
• Be a relevant business partner that helps guide decisions and resource allocations by providing a clear understanding of the “ROI” of investments and business decisions: ability to challenge based on trends and variance analysis
• Drive analysis of cost trends and drivers and articulate the manner in which how they relate to business metrics
• Continuously identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes to reduce cycle time and churn in all operations planning processes
• Provide monthly reports comparing actual trends against budget and forecast assumptions for each business
• Assist in the development of Business Strategy and maintain a high level of communication with all levels of eBay Management, including facilitating meetings and presenting analysis
• Works closely with the MP Controllership team to monitor compliance with GAAP and provide meaningful flux analysis. Understand accounting policies and accurate financial reporting/forecasting both internally and externally
• Bachelors degree or equivalent.
• Recognized accountancy qualification is preferred or demonstration of experience in a similar role.
• 3+ years' of relevant work experience.
• Strong analytical capabilities; experience in business planning & analysis is a major plus.
• Proven understanding of finance, accounting principles and internal controls.
• Result driven, strong sense of initiative and autonomy, a self-starter.
• Able to organize work load to get to results
• Ability to cooperate closely with peers at the office and around the globe.
• Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and translate them into actionable solutions.
• Ability to communicate fluently with business leaders, technical people and management across the organization.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with SAP, BPC, or similar financial planning and reporting tools
• High energy and a desire to work in a results oriented, fast growth, team oriented environment
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Natural interest or experience in e-commerce
• Willingness and ability to work during periods with high workloads
• Strong communication skills, experienced in collaboration, and emotional intelligence
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: