Senior Manager, Marketplaces StrategySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0029235 Subsidiary eBay
Our eBay Marketplaces Strategy team is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketplace Strategy. The candidate will be a creative thinker and project leader with high levels of intellectual curiosity. S/he will work with key stakeholders from all functions across the organization to design strategies and drive structured and data-based recommendations to action. Within this role, the candidate will have the ability to influence key elements of eBay’s strategy and to help shape the future direction of eBay. The ideal candidate has a track record of making pragmatic, actionable recommendations with real world implementation experience.
- Strategy development and execution: Support the development and implementation of our businesses’ visions, strategies, and long-term strategic priorities. Lead strategic projects and facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional teams. Perform strategic analysis and solve problems. Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Thought leadership: Develop content and topic expertise, as well as perspectives on issues important to eBay’s strategy with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Communication skills: Strong mid to senior-level presence and able to command an audience and engage in constructive dialog with various levels of executives and team members
- Market intelligence: Develop insightful market intelligence about key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, and so on) and educate the organization regarding their strategic implications
- Managing through Uncertainty: Self-direct as well as manage junior resources on the strategy team and across the organization to deliver superior end-products in a dynamic industry and corporate environment
- People development: Strong people motivation and development skills with a collaborative interpersonal style
- Excellence in structured thinking with superior analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply with mid-level and senior audiences. Strong influencing skills
- Comfort in reaching out and organizing cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor project team members
- Comfort with uncertainty
- Highly collaborative – be fun, outgoing, and easy to work with!
- 6+ years of work experience preferred. Top tier strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy experience strongly preferred
- BS/BA degree required with significant academic achievements, including academic awards and other recognitions. MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Project and people management experience required
- Industry experience in commerce/ retail, consumer goods or internet services a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: